Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Zimbabwho..... ?

Post by Johnny X »

Nuff said :nod:

setting myself up but what the hell...
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

*mumbles something about a little thing called "The Ashes", smiles, and walks away.*

:D
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

I'm guessing this about the cricket that happened at some shitty time of the morning leaving me uninformed.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Who cares about the wank that is 20/20.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Jamo wrote:Who cares about the wank that is 20/20.
I do :D

Us brits need to have that comfortable feeling that occasionally we can have a pop at the Aussies when it comes to cricket. I know it wont last long, just like our tenure of The Ashes but we have to give it back when we can :p
fp

Post by fp »

You won't be laughing later tonight when the Zimbabweans thrash England and Wales...
Nor tomorrow night when Australia eliminate England and Wales in the group stage :D
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

fp wrote:You won't be laughing later tonight when the Zimbabweans thrash England and Wales...
Nor tomorrow night when Australia eliminate England and Wales in the group stage :D
First part of that plan is up the swanny... England(and Wales and SA) win by 50 runs.

Second part of the plan... we'll just have to wait and see :)

EDIT: Whupped in the group game but both sides live to fight another day and its the end of Zimbabwho.. :yes:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Johnny X wrote:
fp wrote:You won't be laughing later tonight when the Zimbabweans thrash England and Wales...
First part of that plan is up the swanny... England(and Wales and SA) win by 50 runs.

Second part of the plan... we'll just have to wait and see :)

EDIT: Whupped in the group game but both sides live to fight another day and its the end of Zimbabwho.. :yes:
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Australia bounced back from their embarrassing defeat against Zimbabwe to demolish England by eight wickets at Newlands and avert a humiliating early exit from the Twenty20 World Championship.

Less than two days after being stunned by the African minnows on the same ground, Australia looked every bit world champions as they dismissed England for 135 and then polished off the runs with a massive 31 balls to spare.

Matthew Hayden belted an unbeaten 67 off 43 balls, with Adam Gilchrist adding 45 in a 78-run opening partnership before Ricky Ponting (20) and Andrew Symonds (5 not out) helped finish off the match.

The emphatic victory secures Australia's place in the Super Eights, with England also advancing to the second stage ahead of Zimbabwe on net run rate.

Australia bowled superbly, with their four-pronged pace attack of Nathan Bracken (3-16), Mitchell Johnson (3-22), Stuart Clark (2-24) and Brett Lee (1-31) all claiming wickets.

England star Kevin Pietersen on Thursday said England would be looking to pay back Australia for their Ashes whitewash by "humiliating" Ponting's team and bouncing them out of the tournament.

But there was none of that fire evident today, with England - despite sitting top of the group and battling an Australian side down on confidence - looking far more concerned with ensuring their own survival in the tournament than threatening their bitter rivals.

While they beat Zimbabwe by 50 runs on Thursday, there was still a slight chance England could be eliminated at the group stage if they suffered a heavy defeat today.

In the end, the size of the loss was not significant enough for Paul Collingwood's side to crash out, with Australia having needing to have scored the runs in 9.3 overs.

Still, it was a disappointing performance from England.

Andrew Flintoff top scored with 31, with Pietersen adding 21.

But despite a smattering of big shots, England struggled to score at six-and-over for the first 10 overs, and then failed miserably to push their score along in the dying overs.

When Johnson claimed the prized scalp Flintoff in the 17th over, England were 6-127.

But the last three overs - bowled by Bracken and Clark - yielded just eight runs with Stuart Broad dismissed from the final ball.

England even struggled to fully get after Australia's part-timers.

While Andrew Symonds went for 28 off his two overs, Michael Clarke conceded just 14 from his two, including three runs from the 15th over.

Australia will now play Bangladesh in Cape Town on Sunday in their first match of the Super Eights stage.

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have also been drawn in their group for the second stage, with the top two teams from the pool qualifying for the semi-finals.

AAP
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

bah, at least England don't look like a bunch of retards wearing "Tank tops".
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

fourthof5 wrote:bah, at least England don't look like a bunch of retards wearing "Tank tops".
since when have you been worried about looks :p
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Touche.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

WTF are the Aussies wearing?? :puke:
After I saw the "costumes" I thought maybe they would throw the tournament in embarrassment! :scared: :bolt:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Hence my comment.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
fp

Post by fp »

Pretty awful indeed. Skin thight grey long sleev shirt with a loose and billowy yellow singlet over the top.
Even the all-grey Twenty20 unform they played that one-off in last summer looked better.
Same with the Brunswick Green uniforms that they wore in the Commonweatlh Bank series.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/79600/79615.jpg

And its not the only awful Australian uniform going around.
Check out the Wallabies unifom at the Union World Cup... it looks like they're all wearing them inside out or something.
http://www.rugby.com.au/site/_content/photogalleryitem/00000180-Photo.jpg

I must say that I really like Scotland's new Twenty20 uniform, the blue and gold is a drastic change and improvement from the drab navy blue that they've been playing in these last few years.
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/79400/79482.jpg
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...