Owning a supercar ain't cheap

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Owning a supercar ain't cheap

Post by Big Kev »

Dunno if you guys get EVO magazine over there but they run a Lamborghini Murcielago as one of their long term test cars.

This month they printed the end of term report and it shows just how deep your pockets have to be to own one of these things.

The car was used as daily transport and also did passenger hot laps at the Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground which helped it get to 44600 miles in 3 years. Proper car mileage :) He reckons the hot lap payments just about kept him even on the running costs which were as follows

Servicing £18,425 (2004: £375 (was only Sept-Dec for that year), 2005: £5300, 2006: £6300, 2007: £6450)

Consumables
Two clutches £5000 (total)
Eight sets of tyres £7264
Tarox brake disks £1500
Eight sets of brake pads £2800
Replacement crankshaft £11,580
Other £1000

Cost new £172,655
Trade in value £85.000
Depreciation £87,655

He reckons he's going to keep it until the mileage and age level out a bit. In the meantime he's got an LP640 on order!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

last week mate sold his Gallardo SE
ad ---> http://aussieexotics.com/showroom/class ... allardo-se

in 1.5 years it did 26,000km - and my sums put the depreciation alone at $280 per day - obviously add on running costs and servicing and yeah, it ain't cheap! but as he once said "I didn't get into these cars to save money!"
because you can't drive a house
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Ash, this guy didn't happen to keep his plates did he, or did he sell them with the car?

Why am i asking? Because i saw the exact car going through the drive-through of Hungry Jacks on the cnr of Springvale Rd and Princes Hwy, Melbourne. Took a really quick pic of it too on my phone =]
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

the car left yesterday morning, with the plates i believe, no doubt the guy will put other plates on it once all the papers are sorted though, MHH is the previous owner's initials so a bit silly :p. his 355 Spider has the plates [ TAXR1P ].

post the pic! i want to see pics of a car i spent so much time in - never game to take it through the drive-through, owner probly thought it was too fat. :)
Last edited by ashsimmonds on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

I was sitting inside so the pic is of it leaving the drive through. I must say that when i saw it pass through the front of Hungry Jacks, there was a very long delay for it to get round to the back of the drive through. Probably was being VERY careful not to scrape the car on anything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/ ... C00955.jpg
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

that's excellent! thanks, i'll let them know it's been spotted. :D