Paintless Dent Removal

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Enforcer-J

Paintless Dent Removal

Post by Enforcer-J »

Anyone had any experience getting car dents repaired using this method? I've got a few shopping trolley style dents to remove and it looks like a much cheaper option than getting them pulled and repainted. Any testimonials? Late night TV shopping style?

Cheers.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

My fiance's new pulsar got caught in a hail storm a couple of years ago. It had small dimple dents all over it. It was covered by insurance and apparently they went with the cheapest quote (of course) which used the paintless method. Turned out perfectly from what I could tell. She had it for about 18 months after the repair and we didn't notice any problems.
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

:eyepop:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hmm.....have a ute with dents, missus has a hair dryer, and I gotta can of CRC freeze spray in the cupboard somewhere, I gotta try this!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

For sure, worth a try! Let me know how you go, I'll grab a can of liquid nitrogen during the week and see how I go. Some of my dents could be fairly old as they were there when I bought the car but even if I can't get them completely removed it looks like I should atleast be able to make them look a lot less noticeable.

Cheers Blowy :)
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

hmm, wonder if that'd work on a dent like this on a 30yo car :\

because you can't drive a house
steve_w05

Re: Paintless Dent Removal

Post by steve_w05 »

Enforcer-J wrote:Anyone had any experience getting car dents repaired using this method? I've got a few shopping trolley style dents to remove and it looks like a much cheaper option than getting them pulled and repainted. Any testimonials? Late night TV shopping style?

Cheers.
from experience in the car yard industry, the dent removal guys generally do a good job. All they're doing is what the panel shops no longer do. take a car to body shops, they don't panel beat dents anymore, its remove the panel and put a new one on. Or, if its not too bad, they just call in the dent guys, and put their mark up on the price.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

avaran

Post by avaran »

Enforcer-J's avatar wrote: Image
Now that's one dent worth repairing... nice one Enforcer-J :nod:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

what a cool technique.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

ashsimmonds wrote:hmm, wonder if that'd work on a dent like this on a 30yo car :\

The yellow door wedge looks like 1 big dent!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Works fine. They will generally only do it if they know it will be successful :) They should also have some form of guarantee, if not, get another quote.

Also, about insurance companies always going for the cheaper quote... why not? The other day we brought a 430 litre fridge for home. Retravision had it for $899 and Harvey Norman quoted $749. We bought it from Harvey Norman. Not getting techinical or policy specific, but why can't an insurer do the same provided they repair/reinstatement to former condition or replace with same or nearest available?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Yeah that's fair enough Rots... what annoys me is when they for example, replace my rear bumper on my lancer with an aftermarket cheap as shit version when the genuine bumper is available. The new bumper is flimsy and looks noticeably different with a bumpy texture different to the rest of the car. Sure, it's no big deal really, but for the money I had loyally handed over to them for the past 8 years without a claim I feel kinda ripped off...