Battle Of The Nations

LFS chat
Arrow

Battle Of The Nations

Post by Arrow »

Is currently in development

but please checkout the threads and vote on a start time that suits you.
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=135

Thanks guys,
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

done :yes:
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

10 UTC =]

If we have the whole of LFS registered ARSE'ers vote there, we could get the time WE want, lol.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Time to back up our Tied Nations Cup Championship ey?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

:yes:
Latch

Post by Latch »

Never again! :melt:
Monkeh!
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

LOL. I remember what a shambles Nations Cup was. I'm sure this will be better. 10UTC for me.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Latch wrote:Never again! :melt:
I take it that you are not planning on taking the admin role again?
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

poor old latch lost a fair bit of sleep chasing people to race in that series. He did a top job despite all that as well.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

i remember the one race i did they started 1 hour early and we all missed qual...... Euro pfftt
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

yeah i remember alot, buggy servers in the first round didn't help either. Amazed we did as well concidering (and how buggered off were the euro's that had to make times for us)
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

one of the best races i ever had was with Jet in the XFR round, he made a movie of it as well, was a wicked race.
Latch

Post by Latch »

I'm with ya Sambo. Nations Cup was awesome. You don't get the same atmosphere anywhere else. I've never felt as nervous for AAL races. It gave me some of my best and most memorable races. You're racing the same tracks, but it's a totally different game when you're wearing the Australia livery and racing against other countries. I'd definitely love racing in it again. But organise and manage?

It's just there's so many nightmares that pop up. Timezones, arranging servers (and agreeing where to host servers so everyone is least laggy), getting a fast team that can make the race at bad times of day, daylight savings changing around halfway through seasons, language barriers, cultural differences. It can get very messy.

Scrutinising replays countless times (with no rewind) to defend your case to the other teams. Think of the conflicts of interest in handing out penalties. Where do you draw the line with the lag excuse? It takes a lot of diplomacy just to get anywhere, a lot more so than in AAL, cause you're always nurturing these fragile international relationships. They don't know the who's who in Aussie racing, so if there's one lag tap, you're automatically labeled a wrecker.

All of these problems make you question the legitimacy of it all. Certainly USA or UK could have been a contender for the NC title, but they didn't even compete. Was it worth it?
Monkeh!
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

10UTC
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Yeah I must admit, NC was pretty special...
But lucky I was only racing! Latch needs some more beer for all that effort!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Organising shouldnt be as hard as i have read, but i spose i have learnt from the one competition i hosted years ago (hotlap comp for gp4) people can be cock heads.

i mean if your racing other nations everyone has to give and take. I done alot of Nascar Racing 2003 racing but sadly all i could find was a euro series so it meant 3am every wednsday. i did suffer a bit as some days i just couldnt be botherd. well my point being if one enters a series with a set time that they have to race, well thats it no complaints.

in my opinion it would have been more constructive to find a time and announce it rather than setup a poll, people will complain more if there is an option for something and there option isnt picked. thats just my two cents anyway :)
Bugle

Post by Bugle »

yeah 10 utc would be good if Australia happens to be in the race..
I remember the euros whinging about racing late at night, and we were whinging about having to get up stupid early, especially after they put the starting time back an hour on race day while we were still in bed. When we pointed out they could be racing in the middle of the day and we would be racing early evening they didn't seem to mind.
Arrow

Post by Arrow »

would 6am

7am be fine once daylight saving kicks in?
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

I made a suggestion on 0400UTC which would be good for everyone except obviusly the Euros who would hsve to race at 6AM which it seems they wouldnt be interested in. As it seems noone wants to race at sparrows fart.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

So what time for us aussies will the races be starting? is there still spots available to race? where do I sign up or who do I speak to? etc etc lol I'm having trouble finding information about this series and what's involved in taking part