Legends of the Fall

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Legends of the Fall

Post by bengatta »

I am going to put a disclaimer at the top of this...

Please don't turn this into a Drug bash thread, I am sure that is beneath most of the people here, but following a few discussions earlier today some recent events highlighted to me how isolated we can all live.

I will set the scene up front, I made a call today because I was intrigued as to who Ben Cousins was and why people should really care...?

I live in NSW, and very much am not into Football. ARL or AFL... I can tolerate Rugby, and have a passing interest in the A League...

Yet it is hard to live in a country where you cannot know who the superstars of each code is...

Very few people could miss knowing the names of our elite cricketers, it would be hard to think there is an english speaking Australian who does not know of Warnie...

Be highly likely the name Andrew Johns is well known, and it was not possible to live in the greater Sydney area and not know the names... Tony Lockett, and more recently Barry Hall.

I would like to know from people in the know who they rates as the top 10 AFL player of recent times...

Names that have popped up and I assume I know from on field performances, are James Hird, Nathan Buckley, Jason Akermanis, Chris Judd, Barry Hall, and Gary Abblett, although I am trying to understand whether he would be well known if he was not the son of a legend...

Which brings me back to Ben Cousins... I was shocked when I was told today, and I use the words arguably, some people would argue Ben Cousins is one of the best of all time...???? I sadly have never heard of the guy until earlier in 2007, and certainly you cannot go anywhere today without hearing his name...

As I am not into ARL, and could barely name a single player in the series, if anybody wants to bring me up to speed on the top 10 ARL players, that would be cool also...

For my own sanity and education, as clearly I live in an isolated world, if anybody is kind enough to throw up a few names, that would be cool...

Thanks... BNGTA :D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

From what I saw of the grand final, there would have to be a swag on Geelong players who are going to be very good, if not great!

But Im with you BNGTA, AFL isn't my strong suit.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Brownlow medalist (AFL's highest award), Captain of the West Coke Eagles, Eagles Best and fairest. Pretty much at the pointy end in terms of player skill with in the AFL.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

being from the other side of the country it's most likely Cousins doesn't make it onto NSW tv as much as Barry Hall would unless it's something like what has happened. And Gary Ablett is the real deal, he is better than his father, which is saying something. Gary Sr played full forward and did freakish things but wasn't usually the deciding factor in whether they won or lost. Gary Jr can do them as well and more but is more central and is a huge part of the team, he is one of the best at clearing the ball away and sending it down to the forward line. He's not a legend yet but will most likely end up as one of Geelongs best players ever. He was unlucky to miss out on the Brownlow this year but he is well known for telling the umpires when they have done something wrong, which isn't the best way to get votes.