LFS Hi-Res Texture Pack (Unofficial): Now available

LFS chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

LFS Hi-Res Texture Pack (Unofficial): Now available

Post by Duke »

The great folk over at the LFS database has finally put together a Hi-Res Texture Pack for LFS. All files are unofficial 3rd party textures that improve the look of LFS.
Head over to the LFS Database to find out more and d/l the pack.
The LFS-Database texture pack is a huge texture pack containing the best mods to date and we have a suprise, unseen made a new BF1 Steering Wheel, that is only available in this pack at the time.
There are 2 versions available both contain the same files but 1 has a self-installer for automatic install to LFS.

Beware: Lower spec PC's may struggle to run all these Hi-Res textures, so you have been warned.

Note: Ensure you follow the install instructions provided with the pack and backup your original LFS files. Pack is 165MB
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

there are a fairly large amount of graphical updates available, its just a matter of finding one you like.

*edit* i have most of these updates anyway
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

GT VIRUS wrote:there are a fairly large amount of graphical updates available, its just a matter of finding one you like.

*edit* i have most of these updates anyway
Yes that is true, I have been using many of the same files for ages but some ppl may not like the idea of trawling through countless texture files (some of which are bad in my opinion) so this gives them an all-in-one pack of quality Hi-Res textures to make life easier.

by the way the new BF1 steering wheel is worth the download if you ask me. :) Check it out.
Dukester

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Sweet, cheers Flinty. Since I got my new PC I've been putting off looking for all the good textures again so this suits my lazy ARSE down to the ground :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

LOL, I never knew anyone had released any new textures for LFS! I thought the devs were against it so people didn't do it. Might have to grab this. Should look quite good given how nice some of the standard work looks.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Cool, once my wheel arrives and I get back into things a bit I was going to start getting some updated textures so this makes it very simple.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Anyone installed this yet?
Interested in taking a couple of screen shots?
Steve
---
Latch

Post by Latch »

Oh yeah, auto installer all the way. :yes:
Monkeh!
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Exar Kun wrote:LOL, I never knew anyone had released any new textures for LFS! I thought the devs were against it so people didn't do it. Might have to grab this. Should look quite good given how nice some of the standard work looks.
I didn't know there were any texture addons either. Instered to see how it turns out though.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Gizmo wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:LOL, I never knew anyone had released any new textures for LFS! I thought the devs were against it so people didn't do it. Might have to grab this. Should look quite good given how nice some of the standard work looks.
I didn't know there were any texture addons either. Instered to see how it turns out though.
Well I'm sure it will "Turn out" fine as these textures have been out for years. Go ahead and install it you should notice a pretty big difference :)

I too have been waiting for a definitive pack. I remember downloading skins for individual tracks, skies, wheels, etc. etc.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Latch

Post by Latch »

A few things to note:
When choosing the install folder, choose the LFS\data folder
After you install, change your cfg file for Car Shine from 1.00 to 0.30

It's well worth it, especially for the suits, gloves, steering wheels and tyres. New pics for the car choice screen is a nice bonus. Heaps of other addons that I haven't noticed yet.
Monkeh!
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Flinty, your a legend this is awesome!

the smoke the gloves the wheels the tyres the barriers the tracks are alllllll sooooo good.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Cheers Sambo but it is all the authors of these textures & the guys over at the LFS database who put the pack together, that should get the kudo's.

I can't believe some of you "veteran" LFSers haven't ever found some of these texture before now, I have been using most of these practically from the 1st month I bought LFS. It does make it oh so much sweeter when playing.

Another thing to note & add to Latch's comments is that I actually run the car shine at 0.50 due to my monitor settings being quite dark, just adjust it to preference. Also track load times will increase significantly but the wait (not long) is well worth it, as Sambo says.

Enjoy :)
Dukester

Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

I know about them, i just couldn't be bothered sorting through the millions of different types of edits people have. This is the perfect pack!

Here are some screeny's for those interested...

[thmb]http://www.users.on.net/~farmer/2.jpg[/thmb]
[thmb]http://www.users.on.net/~farmer/3.jpg[/thmb]
[thmb]http://www.users.on.net/~farmer/4.jpg[/thmb]
[thmb]http://www.users.on.net/~farmer/5.jpg[/thmb]
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

bah my gfx settings were changing aa\aaf for some reason hence the shitty last 3 shots, probably need some before shots for contrast but it makes a massive difference
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Looks sweet as, just ads a little extra to the immersion :yes:
Latch

Post by Latch »

Flinty72 wrote:I can't believe some of you "veteran" LFSers haven't ever found some of these texture before now, I have been using most of these practically from the 1st month I bought LFS. It does make it oh so much sweeter when playing.
I knew there were better textures available, it's just I'm too lazy to go searching for them all individually. Once they're in a pack, then I get them. :) Same reason why I never got really into GPL. All the modding and upgrading textures just to make it look acceptable was too much effort.
Monkeh!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Ditto... although I did get into GPL for a little bit, but it was a big effort. Lucky plenty of blokes from arse helped me out with that :D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I've tried out a lot of different track textures, my favourite being an "old" Fern Bay and the original Blackwood. This pack is very nice, the cockpits for instance look so much better!

I give it 5 Filthy Thumbs Up

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Low Res

Hi Res

LOL @ the Live for Speed emblem on the hi-res dash... looks normal for left hand drivers though :P

Edit: Stupid photobucket resized them to 800x600. Now fixed... 1280x960 16xAF/4xAA. In game settings all Max Powered.

Edit 2: For the hell of it, cranked card up to 16xAF/16xAA. Also discovered that behind a field of 19 AI cars I still get over 30fps with these settings. YAY.

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

its good, except for the menu's and the garage. that sucks arse.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Jan Stepanek has released some awesome new hi-res brake discs that actually have holes in them.
They were released after the hi-res texture pack and are worth replacing from the ones that came with the pack.

Get them here: http://www.lfs-database.com/index.php?c ... fileid=434
Dukester