Anyone want to see some rallying live in Queensland?

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Anyone want to see some rallying live in Queensland?

Post by VTRacing »

If anyone is interested, I'll be competing in a club-level gravel rally at Gallangowan on the 1st of December in my WRX.

Gallangowan is a forestry station about 2-and-a-bit hours from Brisbane; you travel through Kilcoy, then Jimna, then onto the dirt (past LandCruiser Park) for another 30 mins or so before you get to the service park at Gallangowan Oval.

Event starts just after lunch (around 1-2pm) and runs on into the night. First car should finish at about 8:30pm. That's when the fun starts because the service area turns into a campsite as all the rally crews stay overnight.

Spectator points should be easy to find; most of the stages are starting or finishing within cooee of the service park.

Facilities are pretty basic (ie no fuel available, bring your own food/drinks/shelter), but hot showers are available for those interested in camping overnight.

All sorts of cars will be competing, from dodgy old Datsuns and Geminis through to a couple of turbo 4WD rockets.

PM me if you'd like some more details/directions/advice. And check the "what do you drive?" thread for pics of my car.

Matt