Shifter owners

LFS chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SE1Z wrote:I really want a G25 for the shifter and higher quality wheel/ffb... but I still cant get past the lack of wheel face buttons.

Im not trying to de-rail this thread by any means..... I really want a sequential shifter :D
Yes that was my concern as well but to be honest there as many buttons on the G25 as the Momo & DFP. Yes you do have to reach offer to them but you already spend a lot of time over there with your shifting hand. I also love the POV switch as you can map it for the up/down & left/right function for the F11 & F12 screens in LFS. Also remember you get 4 buttons on the wheel when using the shifter, I have the red buttons as Speed Limiter and TS and the paddles as look left/right.

WTF Fandango, you used a button manual clutch setup, your insane. Why not auto clutch like everyone else who doesn't use a shifter??
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Lol dunno mate... just the way i decided to do it from the start.

I use the same setup with buttons and paddles on the wheel. Howd u configure a button on the wheel for TS tho? Also I think you'd be the guy to ask... How do u get the names of people talkin on TS to show up in-game... is it some add-on program or something?
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Fandango wrote:Lol dunno mate... just the way i decided to do it from the start.

I use the same setup with buttons and paddles on the wheel. Howd u configure a button on the wheel for TS tho? Also I think you'd be the guy to ask... How do u get the names of people talkin on TS to show up in-game... is it some add-on program or something?
Logitech Profiler does the TS mapping to the wheel button, there is another way of doing it via a keytojoy program but since I already use Profiler then I don't use it or even know where to get it.

As for TS display there are 2 programs that do it, I use LFS Relax ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ight=relax ) which displays more than just TS. More info on Relax here: http://arse.norbtech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7793 & here http://www.ozbee-racing.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1989
Also Peptis also did a prog just for this here: http://arse.norbtech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7548
Dukester

VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

I know this is going off-topic, but I've had trouble mapping a button on the wheel for TS using Profiler.

No matter which key I tell it to be (for example z, backspace, whatever) my computer believes that the key is repeating (i.e zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) which eventually leads to it not recognizing that key anymore which means no more PTT.

I've tried setting it up as a command but couldn't get it to work. So my question is, what key do you tell it to be or how do you get it to work?
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Cheers mate :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

VTRacing wrote:I know this is going off-topic, but I've had trouble mapping a button on the wheel for TS using Profiler.

No matter which key I tell it to be (for example z, backspace, whatever) my computer believes that the key is repeating (i.e zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) which eventually leads to it not recognizing that key anymore which means no more PTT.

I've tried setting it up as a command but couldn't get it to work. So my question is, what key do you tell it to be or how do you get it to work?
I will check mine tonight VT and report back.

EDIT: VT I recorded my TS PTT as a command in Profiler, here is how the settings look

Last edited by Duke on Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

VTRacing wrote:I know this is going off-topic, but I've had trouble mapping a button on the wheel for TS using Profiler.
Interesting, i have Alt set. But in the Logitech profile the button is recorded as "Alt " where as im guessing yours is set to Z↓↑ for example.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Thanks for that, I'll try it and see how I go.

EDIT: Works a treat now, thank you very much :yes:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

just dont use push to talk.

i stpopped using it lately, i was playing TF2 and couldnt be botherd to work out a key etc so i just have it set to recognise when i speak. havent heard any complaints from anyone on any races i done. and I did the LFSEA Skidmark race this way, and the Ozsport one recently.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

I'm against doing that because I use a DF Pro (GT4) wheel, which is extremely noisy when applying lock quickly. It's noisy enough to trip the mic.

I've heard a few other people's wheels as well through TS (sambo comes to mind); no talking, just the sound of the wheel going from side to side as they catch a moment.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Yeah plus when u ask the missus to move to the left ball cuz the right ones starting to chafe everyone will hear