Interview with Devs

LFS chat
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Sterling wrote:But rF just has so much variety, essentially its now at the stage where you can literally race what you want, where you want and how you want.
Unless you want to join a pick up race online... in which case you have to spend hours downloading mods and updates so you can race in the "big" server with about 12 people in it. :(
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Enforcer-J wrote: in which case you have to spend hours downloading mods and updates
Didn't realise you were still on dialup................
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Sterling wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote: in which case you have to spend hours downloading mods and updates
Didn't realise you were still on dialup................

i have to agree with enj on this one
im not on dial up like he is but it still anoys me when you have to organise the mod and tracks to get into a server.

not only that rfactor , doesnt have the same driving feel like lfs it just looks nice thats all
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

slow069 wrote:not only that rfactor , doesnt have the same driving feel like lfs it just looks nice thats all
That arguement is retarded. No game will have the same feel as LFS. Each sim will have its own unique feel, you can either adapt to it or continue playing the game that best suits you.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I think the only problem with rF (and to a certain extent the SimBin sims), which LFS and Richard Burns Rally do have, is the steering feedback coming from the forces on the wheels.

For the short time I tried that mod with the steering from the wheels in rF, it felt good... the support from the different cars (even stock ones) wasn't there.

That's the reason why I only go on those other sims to fcuk around...
slow069

Post by slow069 »

Scottie wrote:I think the only problem with rF (and to a certain extent the SimBin sims), which LFS and Richard Burns Rally do have, is the steering feedback coming from the forces on the wheels.

this is what i was meaning r8
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

slow069 wrote:
Scottie wrote:I think the only problem with rF (and to a certain extent the SimBin sims), which LFS and Richard Burns Rally do have, is the steering feedback coming from the forces on the wheels.

Point taken. Lets not have this turn into a LFS v rFactor bash fest.
slow069

Post by slow069 »

r8response wrote:
slow069 wrote:

Point taken. Lets not have this turn into a LFS v rFactor bash fest.
wel i wasnt going to make it a bash i was just pointing out why im not a fan of that game thats all

like you point out things
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I wasn't having a bash either... as I said, I still play it, and I don't play games I don't like.

It's just that little bit I find stopping it from being a GREAT game
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah, LFS is just so much easier than other games.. i rarely find time to drive these days let alone stuff around hunting down mods. Allthough once upon a time, i used to love doing that.

if rfactor or GTR or any of those other games had some kind of auto content manager in game, i'd be on it
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I agree, all it needs is some sort of auto DL for the mods and I would be there.