Serves me right

LFS chat
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Serves me right

Post by NeilPearson »

So it was 2am, im bored i load up LFS and the only servers going are Euro's.

thought id give it a go, 10 laps at Aston National (as3) in the GTR's. first race i start last, miss all the shinnanigans and finish 4th.

Race 2, start 3rd, get to the lead then over cook it a bit coming out of the right hander before the final chicane, then bumped down to about 5th, catch 4th place, and accidently tap him coming out of the first left hand chicane only turning him sideways, so i back off and goto the inside for the the corner (right hand hairpin) to let him passed me, then the next thing i know im upside down in the gravel, he punted me for it.

Why would you punt someone for only turning you sideways and when they are clearly slow on the inside of the track letting you past. ffs

stupid euro's
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I was on the CTRA servers @ SO Classic last night. I started 4 races and didn't finish any of them; got punted into a wall every time. Problem is, half of the guys were Aussies, so it's not really the Euros that are the problem.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I haven't been on a public server for ages but last time I did I only lasted 5-10mins cause of these type of issues.
I remember thinking at the time how we are all so spoiled with the league racing and practice we all do together. It is so much nicer & cleaner due to the mutual respect given across the AUS league racing community.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
richo

Post by richo »

Ive found the CTRA servers pretty good on the whole, well i only play slower tin top servers but they have good so far.
[]D [] []v[] []D
slow069

Post by slow069 »

i have driven on the conedogers server and ctra cone dodgers was dodgy

but ctra is usually fairly good and clean what us aussies have to remember is that we lag bad on there servers like they do here
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
pogo

Post by pogo »

slow069 wrote:what us aussies have to remember is that we lag bad on there servers like they do here
Yeah, keep your distance, and you usually do OK. I race on CD, CTRA and even RR pretty often; I don't have any dramas. Sure, the driving (or intelligence?) level is generally pretty low (with the exception of CTRA-1), but if you anticipate the first corner fuckwits, you can usually place well.

Plenty of dummies on aussie servers, too, i mean... have a look at this bozo: :aussie2: <-- clicky
slow069

Post by slow069 »

pogo wrote:Plenty of dummies on aussie servers, too, i mean... have a look at this bozo: :aussie2: <-- clicky

lol thats a classic crash
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

[OFF TOPIC]
TOP AVATAR Pogo! :yes:
[ON TOPIC]
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

DAMMIT! he beat me to it, i spotted that a couple days ago and thought, must get that for an avi... oh well, I had the still frame months ago. I win :p lol
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Just pull a clarkson on them mate,

Just call them all cheese eating surrender monkies or little hitlers and axemurderers. mind you , that may insight more ramming in which case you can call them dutch.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Sambo wrote:Just call them all cheese eating surrender monkies......
:rofl: Ahhhhhh i love that comment. :yes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Sambo wrote:Just pull a clarkson on them mate,

Just call them all cheese eating surrender monkies or little hitlers and axemurderers. mind you , that may insight more ramming in which case you can call them dutch.

LOL!

You have been reading too many Clarkson books.

Gold post.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

richo wrote:Ive found the CTRA servers pretty good on the whole, well i only play slower tin top servers but they have good so far.
CTRA servers are normally pretty good (I had some good races last night). I was just trying to say that it's not only the Euros that are the problem --- some of the Aussies are pretty bad too. It really comes down to who is on the server when you're on there.

Although nobody ever follows this rule from the CTRA webpage
Drivers who cause incident should say sorry with actions not words. Wait for the other car to repass you, even if it involves losing several other positions. Words are free, action is noble.
If you haven't checked it out lately, check out http://www.raceauthority.com as they've updated the site a fair bit since I last looked at it. There are way more stats now: Country, teams, etc...
avaran

Post by avaran »

Nice website, thanks peptis!

I wonder if it is possible to setup an australasian ctra server that uses their system, and points go on the same database? :)
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I wouldn't think so. From what I've seen so far, one of the admins *ahem* is a bit of a control freak.

I've also heard that they won't share any code, even non-CTRA stuff.
avaran

Post by avaran »

wank, wank, wank...
They could at least localise a server for us... wankers. Hehe
dwayno

Post by dwayno »

I've found CTRA to be pretty good. I've had some great races on them. South City is okay in the XFG or similar speed cars, but anything faster and people just seem to go mental.

Mental + Lag = Warp to Pits/Disconnect
But this is HDTV. It's got better resolution than the real world
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

dwayno wrote:Mental + Lag = Warp to Pits/Rage Quit
:D
dwayno

Post by dwayno »

wabbit wrote:
dwayno wrote:Mental + Lag = Warp to Pits/Rage Quit
:D
lol. that's what i meant ;)