GTP mod for NR2k3 released

General game chat
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Theres a bug in the installer. Its very specific as to the folder names of your Nascar install. I tried 4 times to get it to run and in the end just did a full reinstall of Nascar, keeping the folder names which Nascar installs and things were fine from then on in.

Theres too many people bitching about the install so they pulled it to debug it.
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

All went fine here while installing it.

Heres a mirror for you : http://www.gamershell.com/download_8087.shtml
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have been playing this online and I'm loving it! This has got me back into online racing. I've had some nice wins at Phillip Island and had a great second at Sebring. Now I have to balance this with chatting to the most gorgeous girl in the world. God my life is tough at the moment! :D
Smasha D
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Smasha D »

Dr. Pain wrote:Theres a bug in the installer. Its very specific as to the folder names of your Nascar install. I tried 4 times to get it to run and in the end just did a full reinstall of Nascar, keeping the folder names which Nascar installs and things were fine from then on in.
can i just confirm the prob here plz ? :)

does this mean if nascar is in its default folder (c:/program files .. whatever ...) all is fine, but if you have it anywhere else the mod won't install

tia :tilt:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Dr. Pain wrote: Now I have to balance this with chatting to the most gorgeous girl in the world. God my life is tough at the moment! :D
How Where When??? :D
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I found that I could change the drive when installing NR2003 but not the folder names e.g F:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. This did the trick for me. GTP sits on my C drive. Where as before my Nascar install was F:\NR2003 and the GTP installer did not work.

As for the gorgeous girl, she lives in Prague so there is a 10 hour time difference and she's not online all the time. But she does come first then my online racing :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I had no problem with the installer. Just make sure you don't install the GTP mod in your NASCAR installation. And make sure you do it righ the first time otherwise it can screw things up with your NR2k3 install too.

:tilt:
Smasha D
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Smasha D »

Dr. Pain wrote:I found that I could change the drive when installing NR2003 but not the folder names e.g F:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. This did the trick for me. GTP sits on my C drive. Where as before my Nascar install was F:\NR2003 and the GTP installer did not work.
so it ends up in two different folders ... lol ... wierd :D

a bit tight for me to fit both game and mod on C: so that will have to do ... as long as it works :)

thx :tilt:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It sure will. Thats why I had to reinstall N2003 cause it got screwed over by the installer.
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

i cant find the link to download the mod on gamershell

am i blind? :eyepop:
Now with Added Flickr
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

w00dsy found a link for the dodgy version of the GTP mod Here

Big Thanks mate! :clap:
Now with Added Flickr
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

gotta love filemirrors.com :)
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

w00dsy wrote:gotta love filemirrors.com :)
Yep.... you do :nod:
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Yepp, they removed the link on gamershell... :rolleyes:
Ciao, Jumi2.
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

OK guys, grab it while you can: ftp://ftp.gamesurf.de/pub/pc/rennspiel/ ... V1.0.0.zip

Redline made a statement , that seems like copyrigth/ first racing legal issues... read it here http://www.redlinedevelopments.com/

:fall: Well I REALLY hope they just change names of the cars and all is good, for the time beeing i am happy with what i got in the first place...
Ciao, Jumi2.
B Curtis

GTP league

Post by B Curtis »

For those of you who haven't heard....

The dEEL (Drivers Emporium Endurance League) is under new management and preparations are underway for this season....The new WOSEC (World Online Sportscar Endurance Championship) will begin shortly after the re-release of the GTP mod. At least 29 cars are already signed for the season which includes the 24 hours of Lemans and 12 hrs at Sebring...the other 6 rounds are 6 hour races all with driver changeovers in effect so you must have at least 2 drivers per car. The 6 hour event at Spa will be a night race. The scheduled dates have not been announced yet due to the redline issues however, races will be basically once a month.

All the info is here:
http://www.soggybottomracersclub.com/WOSEC/INDEX.htm
Bauer

Re: GTP league

Post by Bauer »

B Curtis wrote:For those of you who haven't heard....

The dEEL (Drivers Emporium Endurance League) is under new management and preparations are underway for this season....The new WOSEC (World Online Sportscar Endurance Championship) will begin shortly after the re-release of the GTP mod. At least 29 cars are already signed for the season which includes the 24 hours of Lemans and 12 hrs at Sebring...the other 6 rounds are 6 hour races all with driver changeovers in effect so you must have at least 2 drivers per car. The 6 hour event at Spa will be a night race. The scheduled dates have not been announced yet due to the redline issues however, races will be basically once a month.

All the info is here:
http://www.soggybottomracersclub.com/WOSEC/INDEX.htm
question time.

do you know a start date for round 1 yet?
what is the start time for races. (GMT will do if thats all ya got)
--------------
Stu
B Curtis

Post by B Curtis »

No round 1 date yet as we await the re-release of the GTP mod. by the way...the server that the league will be using is now up for practice.

Using the current release of GTP....there is a pre season test race this Saturday 2/12. More at the website...Details I have... server open at 3pm GMT with race starting at 430pm GMT and the track is Pukehohe...262 laps which includes 3 driver changeovers(laps are roughly 50 seconds in length at Pukehohe, a link to the track is at the website/forum) . You don't need three-four drivers, a changeover consists of the current driver disconnecting from the race and re-entering, this is when another driver can take over from the current one---so if you have 2 drivers, each one would get 2 stints.

--the above race is for testing purposes...last season races started at 1230pm GMT Saturdays (once a month) so I assume this season will be the same once the regular series gets going.
-Also, if you do not have a team there are established teams looking for drivers.

Hope that helps.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

B Curtis wrote:No round 1 date yet as we await the re-release of the GTP mod. by the way...the server that the league will be using is now up for practice.

Using the current release of GTP....there is a pre season test race this Saturday 2/12. More at the website...Details I have... server open at 3pm GMT with race starting at 430pm GMT and the track is Pukehohe...262 laps which includes 3 driver changeovers(laps are roughly 50 seconds in length at Pukehohe, a link to the track is at the website/forum) . You don't need three-four drivers, a changeover consists of the current driver disconnecting from the race and re-entering, this is when another driver can take over from the current one---so if you have 2 drivers, each one would get 2 stints.

--the above race is for testing purposes...last season races started at 1230pm GMT Saturdays (once a month) so I assume this season will be the same once the regular series gets going.
-Also, if you do not have a team there are established teams looking for drivers.

Hope that helps.
cheers for that. What it does mean though is that races will start (approx) 10.30pm here and if you add 6 hours to that then its a late finish :)
--------------
Stu
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

new version now available for download

read the readme ffs

http://www.redlinedevelopments.com
--------------
Stu
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Any sites with screenshots?

So how does this game rate compared to other sims like LFS GTR etc?

From the little ive seen of it sounds like its an awesome game, is NASCAR 2003 still available for purchase?