Duck Offically "Euro"

LFS chat
Arrow

Duck Offically "Euro"

Post by Arrow »

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... post652302
After months of 'will he, wont he', earlier today DuCK finally decided the time was right to take on a new challenge at Mercury Racing.
We're delighted to have Scott (DuCK) carrying our name, he's an extremely quick driver in whatever he puts his mind to, and has the right attitude to go far, for that reason we were only too happy to wait until he was ready to make the move.

DuCK has been a key figure for Team Fusion for the last couple of years on the track and also as one of the founders of the team along with best friend Arrow. We know it hasnt been an easy decision to leave the team considering the connections he has there, this being the reason previous moves have always broke down as he felt he still had obligations to the team he wanted to fullfil and the time wasnt right to leave, a reason we've always respected and admired as team loyalty means a lot to us.

So, with that said... welcome to the team
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i thought that was old news.. lol. i remember him saying something about it like 2/3 months ago.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

took his time!

I guess it would be wierd leavin the team your mates are in, especially as half the time he's over at their houses!

oh well, maybe now we can have a crack at those mega euro setups! :D

Grats Duck-man!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

WD Ducky.

Make sure you wear the Aussie flag proudly on ur skins and show them wreckers how it's done!!
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Noob question...

Would upgrading to ADSL2 reduce the lag enough so you could compete on the overseas servers quite easily?
dwayno

Post by dwayno »

Gougoodthing wrote:Noob question...

Would upgrading to ADSL2 reduce the lag enough so you could compete on the overseas servers quite easily?
I think the short answer is no. I doesn't really matter how quick you send the packets of information, its the distance they travel that introduces errors and then lag. I'm guessing tho faster over the same distance is better than slower, but I've also heard 2+ is worse for data latency than the standard 'broadband ADSL'. I also have a feeling that this has already been discussed somewhere on ARSE...
But this is HDTV. It's got better resolution than the real world
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Ahh good, this means he isnt welcome in AAL and mnr then :P hehe
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

dwayno wrote:
Gougoodthing wrote:Noob question...

I think the short answer is no. I doesn't really matter how quick you send the packets of information, its the distance they travel that introduces errors and then lag. I'm guessing tho faster over the same distance is better than slower, but I've also heard 2+ is worse for data latency than the standard 'broadband ADSL'. I also have a feeling that this has already been discussed somewhere on ARSE...
Dwayno's right.. Assuming you have a good quality connection of 1.5mbit/s or more ADSL (and LFS doesn't max this out). Actually the default ADSL2+ profile has slightly higher ping times than ADSL - we are talking an extra 5~20ms here.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

I used to be part of an European team too before and I was still able to race with not much lag back then and I have cable.