Aussie LFS Champion - format poll

LFS chat

Aussie LFS Chmpion format

As below. Final events each series, double points AAL and Specials
18%
A few chosen events only, like a series within a series (points system TBA)
41%
ALL races/events to be included, using above weighting system
9%
ALL races/events, with no weighting system. (Favours MNR)
5%
Waste of time/not interested
27%
Other system. (Please detail your response)
No votes

Total votes: 22

Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Aussie LFS Champion - format poll

Post by Gougoodthing »

I'm happy to spent 10 - 20 minutes a week with a spreadsheet with a view to collating all/some/a few of the results from various LFS events with a view to deciding an overall "Australian Champion for 2008". Quincy will donate a stubby holder for the winner. :yes:

We have been bouncing around the various options for calculating an overall winner, based on results in AAL, MNR and One off events.

Without any research, I have estimated that there are twice as many series/events in MNR then AAL. (And a similar number of one off events compared to AAL Series)

The current thoughts are that the top 50 finishers in the final event of each series (or the one off event) get points, with a very simplistic system of 50,49, down etc. If more then one division, then the lower divisions points start after the higher divisions end.

Obviously turning up and finishing will be a great way to accumulate points. Will use the 75% rule for non finishers

I am also thinking that the AAL events and "Special events" get double points purely as there will only be half as many.

What does everyone think, majority rules.

Top 50 down

Eliminate weighting system, each counts same

How does that sound?

N.B. Would make my life much easier if admins from each event could email/pm me when results have been collated and "correct weight" called after each event.
ManiakMatt

Post by ManiakMatt »

I would rather see all events included and if the ratio of AAL to MNR is 1:2 then go the double points.

in my opinion.....AAL has a more serious racer tone/attitude and it is the place to go to really test your experience and skill (hotlapping for the highest division, getting the highest position possible), MNR is aimed at fun trying to have a place for all experience levels.

This might bring AAL back to the 4 divisions it used to be (I am ignorant though and haven't looked at entry sizes for a while).

In saying all that, I don't see me competing for Aussie Champion, although, consistent entries may be the winner for someone other than an alien.......still not looking at myself
ManiakMatt

ImageImage