:jerk:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

:jerk: x2
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

You know it's funny.. I used to idolise the guy when he was playing for North Melbourne back in the good ol' days on the 90s... Loved the team and the guys that were on it... Carey, Martin, Archer, Longmire etc etc... but when he screwed Anthony Steven's wife, it was then the bubble burst... and from then anytime I saw him in the news, I always thought to myself, look at the smug prick.... thinks he's fucking God doesn't he....

well... :jerk: x3
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

:rofl:

Lock the prick up.

Do you think he will get close to 5 years in the states or get the "Hollywood" treatment of hours/days?
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Not directly attacking you ol mate, as this quote is usually made by millions of people when things like this happens...
matticooper wrote:You know it's funny.. I used to idolise the guy when he was playing for North Melbourne

thinks he's fucking God doesn't he....
but lets be fair, you can't put both these quotes in to the same comment... as one usualy creates the other...

As somebody who has spent a lifetime living in a town that had protected Andrew Johns, it is annoying when this stuff happens...

All the people who have put a guy on a pedastal for the previous 10 years, all wanted to cut him down and say stuff like... "he has let us down" the guy has been billed as the best rugby league player to have lived... I don't care who you are, that has got to give you an ego trip... not being an AFL officianardo, I don't know if Wayne Carey is the best player to have lived, but he is certainly considered up there in that top group...

Sorry, the people who put them up on the pedastal have to share a portion of blame, the nightmare is created once they athlete thinks he can do no wrong... and it is many of our own actions that create the perception they call reality...

Have you ever noticed when our favourite teams win, you hear lots of shouts from the stands how "we won"... but when a team under performs, shouts of "they can't play" are the most common theme... Rarely to you hear fans in the stands blaming themselves for the loss, but they are quick to take a credit for the win... :D

Tough world we live in... :D

anyway I will get down off my :soap: and stop :fence: and go :hide: maybe to come back for a :pillowfight
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Join in the Chorus Wayne Carey's in big strife
Join in the Chorus he's fucking up his life
Join in the Chorus in jail you will agree
Wayne Carey is a face that ol' Bubba'd love to see
--------------
Stu
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

LOL gold.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

bengatta wrote:
Sorry, the people who put them up on the pedastal have to share a portion of blame
sorry but that's rubbish, if he decides to smack his woman and smash a glass on her face and be the biggest dirtbag on earth it is entirely his fault, it has nothing to do with media or anyone idolising him. Wife bashers are people with problems, it doesn't matter if your famous or a poor bogan. Hitting a girl is one of the lowest acts almost at kiddy fiddlers levels. This has come up as a subject recently at my place because my sister in law put up with abuse for too long, including when she was pregnant. So i have been teaching my kids(my son in particular) that there is never ever an excuse for hitting girls, never.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Bauer wrote:Join in the Chorus Wayne Carey's in big strife

nice... nice that you even put it to the North Melbourne club song :rofl:
bengatta wrote:Not directly attacking you ol mate, as this quote is usually made by millions of people when things like this happens...
matticooper wrote:You know it's funny.. I used to idolise the guy when he was playing for North Melbourne

but lets be fair, you can't put both these quotes in to the same comment... as one usualy creates the other...

As somebody who has spent a lifetime living in a town that had protected Andrew Johns, it is annoying when this stuff happens...

All the people who have put a guy on a pedastal for the previous 10 years, all wanted to cut him down and say stuff like... "he has let us down" the guy has been billed as the best rugby league player to have lived... I don't care who you are, that has got to give you an ego trip... not being an AFL officianardo, I don't know if Wayne Carey is the best player to have lived, but he is certainly considered up there in that top group...

Sorry, the people who put them up on the pedastal have to share a portion of blame, the nightmare is created once they athlete thinks he can do no wrong... and it is many of our own actions that create the perception they call reality...

Have you ever noticed when our favourite teams win, you hear lots of shouts from the stands how "we won"... but when a team under performs, shouts of "they can't play" are the most common theme... Rarely to you hear fans in the stands blaming themselves for the loss, but they are quick to take a credit for the win... :D

But to be fair and possibly repeat what w00dsy just said.. when I thought he was the best football player in the world and not a has been... he wasn't screwing other people's wives, bashing his girlfriend with wine glasses and generally being a fucktard. He was being a good AFL player, possibly the best of his time.

I'm not trying to piss on your theory, nor trying to pass off your experiences of living in Newcastle, but if your a good football player and you are good off the field as a citizen of this great country, no one has any reason to cut you down. If you want to go around and splash your face in the media for all the wrong reasons (and no doubt there are people waiting for you to fall... it's the tall poppy syndrome... alive and well in Australia) then go right ahead, be our guest.

Wayne Carey should be a man and not fucking bash chicks, and be an even bigger man about it and say... I've fucked up... here I am to do my time. After that... piss off and enjoy your retirement.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

We put sports people up on the pedestal, we are allowed to knock them off as well, surely? :)

Really, I am sure I have said it before, they are just sports people. Sure, some of them are good people as well (Steve Waugh, Glen McGrath and Pat Rafter are names that come to mind), but there are just as many flips as well. Warne, on field, a complete champ. Off field, a complete tool. Carey, the same. Just because a person has above average hand/eye coordination, doesn't mean they are better than the rest of us.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

nothin wrong with touching up the hoe's if they be weezin the moneez. He's a true PIYIMP!.. where's the baby powder..

pfft, in all seriousness though, anyone that uses violence against women loses all my respect. However i am quite happy to tear a chicks sphincter.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

read between the lines, this is from Mike Sheahans article in the Herald Sun today
His basic interest post football has been his body: the biceps, the pecs and the abs. But how long can one person spend productively in the gym?

roid rage anyone?
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

matticooper wrote:
Bauer wrote:Join in the Chorus Wayne Carey's in big strife

nice... nice that you even put it to the North Melbourne club song :rofl:
bengatta wrote:Not directly attacking you ol mate, as this quote is usually made by millions of people when things like this happens...

But to be fair and possibly repeat what w00dsy just said.. when I thought he was the best football player in the world and not a has been... he wasn't screwing other people's wives, bashing his girlfriend with wine glasses and generally being a fucktard. He was being a good AFL player, possibly the best of his time.

I'm not trying to piss on your theory, nor trying to pass off your experiences of living in Newcastle, but if your a good football player and you are good off the field as a citizen of this great country, no one has any reason to cut you down. If you want to go around and splash your face in the media for all the wrong reasons (and no doubt there are people waiting for you to fall... it's the tall poppy syndrome... alive and well in Australia) then go right ahead, be our guest.

Wayne Carey should be a man and not fucking bash chicks, and be an even bigger man about it and say... I've fucked up... here I am to do my time. After that... piss off and enjoy your retirement.
didn't say anything about bashing his girl being OK... it is dispicable, I have no time for the guy at all, nor do I johns, nor do I cousins, nor a few high profile motorsport people who think they are god...

I will condense what I said.

You can't idolise people, and then question why they lose it...???

they lose it because they think they are above people, and why do they think they are above poeple, because they are idolised... it is the cycle of life for a high profile sportsperson...

Very few people can handle the attention properly...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Just to pick a name Norbs mentioned, Glen McGrath has been idolised and put on a pedestal by many but he doesn't (and I doubt he ever will) act like a fucktard.
Many sports stars are still humble no matter what accolades are thrown on them by fans and media.

These other people choose to be dickwads by themselves, it's in no way a consequence of being put on a pedestal.
They don't have to believe the hype, they want to. :no:
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

Bacchulum wrote:These other people choose to be dickwads by themselves, it's in no way a consequence of being put on a pedestal.
They don't have to believe the hype, they want to. :no:
Just so I get it clear, you are suggesting that in no way are peoples ego's swelled by being idolised???

interesting theory :)

Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Only if they let their egos be swelled. :)
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

Bacchulum wrote:Only if they let their egos be swelled. :)
so when people say nice things about you, you don't fell pretty good about it???

now imagine a stadium of people packed to the rafters cheering for you... does it not make you feel pretty good...??? my information suggests that it does make you feel pretty good... it gives you a bit of a lift in ego... :)

People booing you, calling you an arsehole... possibly funnily enough has a negative effect... :)

fact is, when people idolise people, the idolisee feels pretty good... I have not agrued the point that some of the ego driven don't become fucktards as many people put it... of course many of them do (and yes some don't, I know people in both categories), I am suggesting that, "people can't idolise people, then complain when they do something daft..." quite often one leads directly to the other...

anyway, we can agree to disagree and move on... :fence: :)

Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I have often found the the very best sportsmen / women are those who understand their position and don't let there ego take over their personality. Rather the ego is used as part of their ability to perform not how they conduct themselves outside of their performance. Eg. Mick Doohan, Ayrton Senna, Pete Sampras, Valentino Rossi and I would say Casey Stonner as well. Those that usually end up ego tripping outside of their performance are usually trying to make up for short falls.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i understand your point B-Cup, but to me a person with anger issues will be like that regardless. Carey seems to get himself in the shit mainly when he's artificially enhanced, if you get my drift. But he is a cock when sober. Back in about 96 he got done for walking out of a club in the morning and grabbing a chicks tits and squeezing it and saying 'go and get yourself a bigger pair of tits'. They(North melbourne) tried to pay her off and make it go away but she wouldn't have it. Then when it was over he said in his official statement 'if i have offended her' what sort of knob has no idea 'if he offended her. And then it said 'it's good to get it cleared up now so as not to disrupt the season'. So he is putting footy ahead of her. Just like Warnie, great sportsman, fucktard of a human.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

bengatta wrote:now imagine a stadium of people packed to the rafters cheering for you... does it not make you feel pretty good...???
My first thought would be they don't know me that well, because nobody's perfect.
If they were cheering a specific act I had done, I would remind myself that that is what they are cheering for, not me personally.
That is what I see the problem as, these 'stars' forget we are complimenting a specific ability they have and not there entire being unconditionally.

And I still believe that's their mistake and not mine.... :nod:
:yes:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Take James Hird for example, one of the best and toughest guys to play footy, but a gentleman on the ground and a champion off the ground. He went in as hard as anyone, but there was as much chance of him throwing a punch as there was Elvis crash landing a UFO into the Lochness Monster. He had the respect of everyone on the field and everyone off the field and never ever showed any sign of ego.
bengatta

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:i understand your point B-Cup, but to me a person with anger issues will be like that regardless. Carey seems to get himself in the shit mainly when he's artificially enhanced, if you get my drift. But he is a cock when sober. Back in about 96 he got done for walking out of a club in the morning and grabbing a chicks tits and squeezing it and saying 'go and get yourself a bigger pair of tits'. They(North melbourne) tried to pay her off and make it go away but she wouldn't have it. Then when it was over he said in his official statement 'if i have offended her' what sort of knob has no idea 'if he offended her. And then it said 'it's good to get it cleared up now so as not to disrupt the season'. So he is putting footy ahead of her. Just like Warnie, great sportsman, fucktard of a human.
I am not saying he is not a knob... he is a fucktard... just like every other guy who beats up on a chick...

I am however saying that there are some circumstances for it... lets be honest, do you think he was the only person to be in a domestic dispute in melbourne the other night???

Nope, shitloads would have been, but we only hear about certain ones... wonder why that is???

because they used to stand in a stadium and get cheered by an adoring crowd... :)

Have I ever told you my Sam Newman experiences...??? :D

Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Exactly my point wOOdsy, a good example of idolisation (he so probably more than Carey) not automatically resulting in egoism. :yes: