LFSWorld Series Round 5

ManiakMatt

Re: LFSWorld Series Round 5

Post by ManiakMatt »

I had no problems except for my driving consistency.....finished in 17th....not bad out of 32.....too bad only 17 cars finished...:S

A great experience.....cheers Arrow for organising this......Cheers to Duck and Arrow for the sets.....Cheers to Vilante for the skins.

I used Ducks R3/R2 set and changed the rear df up 1 degree and the right tyres up 1 psi each

I now realise that while I had more practise for this race over any other race in LFS.....I still do not get a chance to do enough practise for these events.....I probably should have let Peptis enter, but then I wouldn't have had the experience.
ManiakMatt

ImageImage
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Bad Luck Neil, I knew there was a reason why I don't play on servers outside of AUS any more.
Well done Matt, to finish one of these races is an accomplishment in itself and considering you have probably done a lot less racing the some of the guys who didn't finish is a credit. It is a pity it was just outside the points but great effort guys.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ive raced on euro servers before and havent had issues. it was probably telstras fault :P

what i cant get over is, 4 minutes. FOUR MINUTES. argh

Matt

you did pretty good mate, :) you didnt really have to touch the tyres, or DF settings, but if it made you more comfortable then why not. but at least you finished. thats the main thing. and it was a real good experiance :D im really glad i signed up

I know i fiddled with the sets, then at the race reverted back to ducks origina R3 R3 setl. I wish i had of stayed with mine. I played with the diff pre load, bumped it from 210 to 250, i felt it helped the car feel like it was on the track rather than floating around. but i made my choice to go original and suffered. :)
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Yeah, I should have stated the sets were designed for me and my not suit your driving styles, or in Neils case skill level ;) lol
Anyway, bad luck guys, but atleast you finished in the top 20 Matt :p
ManiakMatt

Post by ManiakMatt »

Thanks guys.

I tried to be consistent as I was faster than a couple of the others....I just didn't hold it together.

I found I was heating the right hand side up after only about 5 laps and I found the extra degree on the rear kept me under a bit more control....by the time I realised that and made the changes I was already a lap down.
ManiakMatt

ImageImage
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I ran the fronts at 125 ish, so they were red the whole race, towards the end they cooled down.

eat my arsehole duck! :P i had some awesome saves i tell you.
DUcK

Post by DUcK »

Hmm, that's weird Matt, I dropped the RH psi because it wasn't heating as much as the left (maybe cos I'm euro and drive on the LHS) :P
Neil, you should have put more rear arb in it if the fronts were red! silly head :)

Anyway, I don't wanna eat your arsehole atm, thanks though... I'll consider it later (yeah I know you drove well untill the stupid disco).
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

The car was to loose as it was!

i hated that set.