Dell 24" Monitor - Brand spanker...Selling

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Dell 24" Monitor - Brand spanker...Selling

Post by Hazelb »

Guys

I have just ordered a new system, direct from Dell. It came with a 24" monitor which my better half thinks "to big" for the living area as that is where my puter sits.

Was wondering if I can ot get the deal reversed that my next best option would be to sell it.

Its obviously brand new and retails for $499 on the dell site. Its a E228WFP ,by all accounts a reasonable monitor.

At this point happy to accept around $400 for it or best offer, I am happy to pay freight costs to a point!

Is their anyone out there that is looking for an upgrade?

Obviously its all Dependant on what DELL say re my request to replace it with a 22" as my order has been shipped.

PM me if you are interested!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Dell 24" Monitor - Brand spanker...Selling

Post by r8response »

Wait for it to arrive before replacing it, you and the better half will soon realise how you couldn't have lived without widescreen before
Doso

Post by Doso »

24" too big for the living room :? I've got a 50" plasma in my bedroom and I think its too small!

wait until you get it and try it, then make up your mind
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Doso wrote:24" too big for the living room :? I've got a 50" plasma in my bedroom and I think its too small!

A perfect example of not reading the thread. :)
It came with a 24" monitor which my better half thinks "to big" for the living area as that is where my puter sits.
:)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think he read it. I agree it's an enigma how can it be too big. I love my 24" all the way :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:I think he read it. I agree it's an enigma how can it be too big. I love my 24" all the way :D
Haze is being told what the go is by she who must be obeyed. I went through something similar a while back. I was going to throw a little 7" screen adapter from a mini DVD player in the kitchen/dining to run a media player. Would have been awesome for the bride to play music on, but nope, no go. So I know what Haze is going through. Oh the pain! :D
pab

Post by pab »

I think you're all misunderstanding the most important part of his post:
Hazelb wrote:It came with a 24" monitor which my better half thinks "to big" for the living area as that is where my puter sits.
Theres not going to be any discussion entered into a decision like this, the decision has already been made! No point in waiting and seeing, cause she already knows that she thinks it's too big!

Edit: Great minds think alike.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think you guys need to learn the finer points of "getting big screens and other gadgets into the house" :D
I can always (well, almost always) get my better half to understand the need for all these stuff ;)

I'll hold seminars, for a friendly fee :lol:
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:I think you guys need to learn the finer points of "getting big screens and other gadgets into the house" :D
I can always (well, almost always) get my better half to understand the need for all these stuff ;)

I dont push it. I have $15k of camera gear and more power tools in the shed than you can poke a stick at :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:
ysu wrote:I think you guys need to learn the finer points of "getting big screens and other gadgets into the house" :D

I dont push it. I have $15k of camera gear and more power tools in the shed than you can poke a stick at :)
O.K. that's enough :D
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

lol
Doso

Post by Doso »

norbs wrote:
Doso wrote:24" too big for the living room :? I've got a 50" plasma in my bedroom and I think its too small!

It came with a 24" monitor which my better half thinks "to big" for the living area as that is where my puter sits.
:? :? :?

ehhh, i did read it, my bedroom where me and my girlfriend sleep currently house 1 x 50" Pioneer kuro and 2 x 24" Dell LCD's, each time she complained that it was too big when we got it, but give it 2 weeks and she started to love it and now she complains that the TV is too small :yikes: guess im waiting for the 9th gen Kuro to come out to grab a 60" screen :)

what I mean get your wife to use it for a couple of weeks and then if its still too big sell it then, but Im willing to bet she will get use to it and wouldn't want to use a smaller screen again!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Doso wrote:
norbs wrote:

:? :? :?

ehhh, i did read it, my bedroom where me and my girlfriend sleep currently house 1 x 50" Pioneer kuro and 2 x 24" Dell LCD's, each time she complained that it was too big when we got it, but give it 2 weeks and she started to love it and now she complains that the TV is too small :yikes: guess im waiting for the 9th gen Kuro to come out to grab a 60" screen :)

what I mean get your wife to use it for a couple of weeks and then if its still too big sell it then, but Im willing to bet she will get use to it and wouldn't want to use a smaller screen again!
'twas just a piss take Doso. But, there is one big difference. You have girl friend, Haze has wife. :D
Doso

Post by Doso »

norbs wrote:
'twas just a piss take Doso. But, there is one big difference. You have girl friend, Haze has wife. :D
same thing when you have been going out 4 years mate :) (i hope............................................... :yikes: )
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Hazelb wrote:Its a E228WFP ,by all accounts a reasonable monitor.
That IS a 22 inch monitor.......
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

NeilPearson wrote:
Hazelb wrote:Its a E228WFP ,by all accounts a reasonable monitor.
That IS a 22 inch monitor.......
Typo from me...

Its an E248WFP, or somefin like that!

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

the 228 if you order with a system costs $200 only, otherwise something near $400, so yeah the price gives it away as the lower specced 24" model ;)
Montey

Post by Montey »

Just accept the fact that your going to get bollocked-out no matter what you do. Once you accept this, you can easily justify just doing what you want and at least getting told off for a real reason, rather than some figment of her imagination.

Scenario:
Him: "Hey honey, look at this kick arse huge TV I just go us. It's 60" of Full HD lurve!"
Her: "What the hell are you wasting money on that, you didn't ask me whether you could spend that, how much did it cost, you never ask me first, your completely inconsiderate and don't value me and my opinion! I'm going to my mothers, don't talk to me you bastard!"

two days later...
Her: "Hey honey, Barbera at work just loaned me this HD blueray disk, can we watch it on the new TV cos it'll look great?"
Him: "Of course you can dear, but we don't have a blue-ray player. Do you have a copy on standard DVD?"
Her: "Why the hell didn't you get a blue ray player, now I can't watch my movie. If you'd asked me in the first place youd have got the player as well, you never consult with me, your completely inconsiderate and don't value me and my opinion! I'm going to my mothers, don't talk to me you bastard!"
Him: *ring-ring* "Hey Frank, you wanna go the pub and shoot some pool?"
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

ysu wrote:the 228 if you order with a system costs $200 only, otherwise something near $400, so yeah the price gives it away as the lower specced 24" model ;)
Think the 22" is $399, with the 24" retailing at $499.

From the reviews I have read, both appear to be reasonable monitors...
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Hazelb wrote:
ysu wrote:the 228 if you order with a system costs $200 only, otherwise something near $400, so yeah the price gives it away as the lower specced 24" model ;)
Think the 22" is $399, with the 24" retailing at $499.

From the reviews I have read, both appear to be reasonable monitors...
yup and the 22" model is on sale if you buy a system. it's using one generation older panel (5ms one) and so it cost me a whopping $200 now. Got one for gf, while I bought a lappy for myself ;)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Still for sale hazelb?

My mate might want it?
eek
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Shot u a PM Todd!
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Well

Its here...and I love it...

And I am allowed to keep it...

But she hates the tower....

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

:rofl: good stuff!