Pacifica Racing takes its first offical step into Rfactor

ISI's new sim rFactor
VIPEROSI

Pacifica Racing takes its first offical step into Rfactor

Post by VIPEROSI »

Hey everyone,

With a few of our team very much regulars on rfactor now and with the recent expansion of our team we felt the time was right to expand the teams representation for the first time into a different game. We have had a strong history in LFS and hope to enjoy the same in rfactor.

We dont know how far this step into rfactor will take us but it is likely that 2 or 3 of us will be representing Pacifica Racing at some point during the year.

We decided that the best league to take this first step was the Openwheelerv8 series at rfactorleague supported by Schmickle and Sterling. We had a look around but with the familiar and reliable faces we saw there plus the immaculate presentation of the league and the series we decided it was the best option.

Cetram and I have both entered into the series, we arent expecting too much being so new to the game and the mod but will be striving to finish on the top step of the podium as always.

Look forward to seeing you guys online!.
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Welcome aboard guys and thx for the kind words Viperosi. Great to see some solid LFS racers taking a decent look at rFactor... be careful though - there may be no turning back mwuahahahahaa! ;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Good luck guys...

By all accounts schmik and sterlo are doing a great job...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

Pacifica who? :p
VIPEROSI

Re: Pacifica Racing takes its first offical step into Rfactor

Post by VIPEROSI »

Well its almost been a year since a few of our members took the plunge and started racing competively as part of the rfactorleague.

The openwheeler series was a steep learning curve to overcome but we showed some promising results.

After the openwheeler series concluded last year Porsche Carrera Cup 2007 was announced as the next major season, and i had a very consistent season to take out the championship, which was a awesome achievement for me as it was my first championship win online. Cetram was also taking part in the championship and provided great support and assistance in the championship while also taking his own round win late in the series.

By now Cetram and i had come to grips with rfactor and when the Champ Car World Series was announced as the following series we were extremely keen to take part. The Championship required teams of 4 cars to take part, with a minimum of 3 required each round to score team points. So after some searching Heath and R8 were asked if they would like to represent PR along with Cetram and Myself, they accepted and we now had a full team to compete. If anyone hasnt downloaded this mod yet you are missing out, its a awesome mod and the sound alone is worth it!.

The series ended up being a story of what could have been....The opening round was held at Laguna Seca where Cet and I both had crushing qualifying pace, I ended up on pole and Cet 3rd. With safety cars being a new element the race was a whole new ball game, with many strategies unfolding and plenty of lead changes. The end of the race was classic i needed one more stop for a splash and dash and came out 5th just behind the bunched up leaders. I got up to 3rd when when a safety car was announced and snatched second the very last corner before the yellow flag came into effect. Sterling had run a consistent race and a long fuel strategy and was in the lead...the safety car pulled off with one flying lap remaining before the chequered flag and i pulled of a crazy around the outside pass on sterling to take the win for pacifica racing.

The following rounds however spelt disaster...St Petersburg the whole team ended up dnf'ing. My computer had major issues with frame rates and my internet connection was shoddy so i was unable to compete in the following rounds. Cetram had great qualifying pace grabbing 2 pole positions and great race pace as well but had terrible luck and was unable to convert it to results. In the end i moved house and was able to compete in the final round and after dominated the race to start and end the season with a win. So in the end Pacifica Racing finished 3rd in the championship.

I recently finished second in a BMW Hatch series but the big news is that Pacifica racing is currently having great success in the Formula Nippon Series.

Heath and Cetram currently have a strangle hold on the series, with Heath taking 4 race wins and 2 podiums from the 6 races run so far. Cetram has had incredible race pace and has taken a win and plenty of podium results to be sitting second behind heath in the championship. An old SCR nemesis in the form of Grasshopper spoiled the 100 percent win ratio by Pacifica racing by taking out the recent feature race.

For anyone interested in racing with a fantastic bunch of guys in a great league you should check out

http://rfactorleague.simracingaustralia.com/
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Sounds pretty exciting guys, well done...

I am at a loss what to do as LFS has lost its fun factor for me since Patch T-ish...

maybe ill look into this when i get into my new house... If cetram is there he and I have some old scores to settle, hahahahaa.... hey Lachy! :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Good on ya 9ra55!!! :D
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

I must say, im another rFactor convert. LFS needs some more content to get me back into the swing of things there, im still a big fan of sampled sounds like rF's, rather than the synth'ed ones in LFS (even after all the improvements they have made)

Im loving rFactor at the moment, beating those PR blokes recently was like old times, eh? :lol: rFactorleague has another round this Thursday, should be a good tussle again :)
Now with Added Flickr
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

Sin wrote:
maybe ill look into this when i get into my new house... If cetram is there he and I have some old scores to settle, hahahahaa.... hey Lachy! :yes:
lol, we sure do! I'll be waiting :D
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Grass did you ever hear the champcar mod? the sound was incredible especially considering it was scratch built.

PS you didnt beat us last week :P
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Grass did you ever hear the champcar mod? the sound was incredible especially considering it was scratch built.

PS you didnt beat us last week :P
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

VIPEROSI wrote:PS you didnt beat us last week :P
Obviously Grass wasn't going home enough in his lunch breaks to cut laps at Fuji like he was for the previous round at China. :D

Oooooppppps......sorry Grass............. I wasn't meant to let that secret out was I............ :D
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

Sterling wrote:
VIPEROSI wrote:PS you didnt beat us last week :P
Obviously Grass wasn't going home enough in his lunch breaks to cut laps at Fuji like he was for the previous round at China. :D

Oooooppppps......sorry Grass............. I wasn't meant to let that secret out was I............ :D
hey, i still beat you without going home last week Sterling :P

im a big fan of rFactor's sound in general... sounds much more immsersive than LFS' :) the Champcar mod was pretty good, the E21 BMW's sound pretty crazy too :D
Now with Added Flickr
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Well we capped off the end of our debut year with style!

Cetram and our newest member Heath finished 1-2 in the championship and thus also won us the teams championship :)