Re: iRacing

Post by NeilPearson »

Definatly a panoz

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i knew champcar was over with. I thought there was a merger though? figured a name change would be on the cards. I don't follow it that much TBH
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

techicly its a merger, but champcar declared bankruptcy to get out of all the contracts they didnt want to honour
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Apparently John Henry posted "Next week we are inviting in more than 1000 subscribers. " on the iRacing member forum. So... looks like not everyone gets invited in the first wave.

In addition to the invite that Darren organised for me, I've also been registered for the iRacing newsletter on both hotmail and gmail accounts for the past couple of years. So that's 3 email addresses covered - I figure that's pretty good odds! But fingers crossed - I've been watching more and more videos and damn I'm keen now.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I thought there were 100 beta testers who were allowed to invite 10 friends each, by my calculations that = 1000 ppl.
Or do have the story wrong?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Flinty72 wrote:I thought there were 100 beta testers who were allowed to invite 10 friends each, by my calculations that = 1000 ppl.
1000 beta testers. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

1000 beta testers could invite 10 people each

From what I have read (on the believable internets) there was a large sum who did not race in the beta teat at all, even though they were part of it. I can only assume a large portion of those would not bother inviting 10 if any. Also a lot of the actual testers didnt fill 10 invites either.

My uneducated guess says 3-5000 invites.

Also, if they stagger the invites and let those subscribing for 12 months go first, 6 months the week after, 3 months the week after that down to the single month guys in 4 weeks they may upsell some fries with that method :) pure speculation there though. I have been known to suffer from premature speculation so it is prolly me just getting excited. :)
--------------
Stu
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

my guess :

those that have been registered on email update list of iRacing (for a while) and also got invited will be first out of the blocks. They must be sorting it somehow, otherwise, why take so long?

The suspense is killing me.....arrrrrrrgghh.
balls & boobs. . .
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i wonder when the week announcement was made
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Exar Kun wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:I thought there were 100 beta testers who were allowed to invite 10 friends each, by my calculations that = 1000 ppl.
1000 beta testers. :tilt:
Damn a 1000 beta testers, thats a serious amount of NDA's... :melt:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

That week announcement was posted this morning.

I think they said 1000 because they'll be doing it in stages to build it up in a controlled way instead of just dumping several thousand in all at once. They also appear to be collating the list and sorting it out manually which is probably why it's taking a while.

From the Australian beta testers, I think about 1/2 the available invites were used. If that's indicative of the rest of the community then it's still about 5000. Unfortunately there is no way to tell who is an active member or not, so I can't tell how many Aussies have subscribed at the moment.

Invites won't have anything to do with subscription period either. How could they know? They'll just be sending them out in blocks and when people get them, they'll be able to sign up and start racing straight away.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Did many people race during our evenings in the beta Darren? It's probably the main concern I have atm and if invites go out in waves, presumably only a portion of us Aussies will get in each time which might make numbers pretty scarce for a while at times suitable for us. It would then make it pretty hard to evaluate the system with a one month trial.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

if they are good, they might just do that; invite groups by geographic location! :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Sarsippius wrote:Did many people race during our evenings in the beta Darren? It's probably the main concern I have atm and if invites go out in waves, presumably only a portion of us Aussies will get in each time which might make numbers pretty scarce for a while at times suitable for us. It would then make it pretty hard to evaluate the system with a one month trial.
We could fill a server by being organised. i.e. racing on a particular night. There were only about 10 of us active through most of the beta, but we'd usually get a few Europeans and Americans in the races as well.

I've been doing most of my racing on Saturday mornings.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

So is anyone in the world playing this yet? (Full version not beta?) I can't bloody wait!
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I think someone mentioned a 26th as a scheduled new patch, invites are likely to come out after that.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It's scheduled to go down midnight our time for the update. No word on what it will change, but gearbox/engine damage as well as brake wear etc was supposed to be added before public release, so here's hoping :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm leave for a conference out of town in about an hour - I bet the thing is released is released tomorrow now! My G25 is also scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Great timing hehe. :tilt:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah i have stocktake on taking up most of my time over the next few days. Timing.... sheesh.. lol
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'm going heading down to Melbourne to watch Richmond flog Carlton over the weekend, I hope that if we all have reasons not to be able to download it, it will be available when we get back :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

yeah well, I'll be overseas in the whole of july...hence I was hoping it'd be released a week or two earlier. I won't buy it now, I'm not gonna be able to play at all. :(
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

It looks like ive missed the boat... but are sign-ups available for iRacing? or do we need to wait for another wave of invites?

(any timeframe on those?)
Now with Added Flickr
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:It looks like ive missed the boat... but are sign-ups available for iRacing? or do we need to wait for another wave of invites?

(any timeframe on those?)
I don't know when they'll be doing another wave, but register on their website. Apparently the next wave will be taken from there.
http://www.iracing.com/contact/register.php?lc=3

PM me your full name and email address as well though. I sent in a few extras after the cutoff date and at least one got in, so it's worth a shot :)