sporting code

iRacing
Simone Gelli

sporting code

Post by Simone Gelli »

Hey guys,
i want to share this with you,especially the new arrivals,(lol)...to educate thats all.
Few days ago i had a race,me and another driver had a challenge for 6th,4 laps to go
,adrenaline is pumping high,he made a silly mistake(he admitted)damaging my beloved
white and black skippy,...i went crazy accusing him of being a"useless"...well of course
i was really wrong,acting like an ignorant,but,hey,could not help,after that i disco in anger
(i anger? about what?...i am an idiot).

this is what i received after a couples of day:

Protest Details:

Simone, I have seen the replay of this incidet. It was a racing incident, nothing more. I want you to respond to the clear attempt to intentionally wreck another driver and the rant after you missed him. (Nim) On lap 11, Gelli and I were racing for 6th position. He bobbles a bit into Oak Tree, and I make a move. He slams the door (with me in it) and we made contact, which resulted in both our cars stopping on the track. Was the move in the best location? Maybe not, but it's all he was going to give me. Upon rejoining the track and resuming the race, Gelli was a few car lengths ahead of me. He slowed down on the long straightaway and I passed on the right side. Immediately after I passed, Gelli swings his car over to my lane and off the track in an attempt to intentionally hit me. Luckily I was already passed and he came within inches of my gearbox. He immediately comes on voice chat and starts saying something very strongly. Unfortunately, with his accent, it was hard for me to make out what it was. The only word I kept hearing and I could actually make out is "useless", but the tone on the rest of the messages were harsh and disrespectful. My car sustained chassis damage from the accident, and I continued on. Up until the point I caught Gello, I was having an average VIR race. I fell back due to multiple track incidents, so I had a faster car than Gelli when we met. I rode around behind him for nearly 2 laps before this incident occured. When he got ahead of me (after one of my off track excursions) he came very close to my car after passing me. He nearly took my nose wing off, and there's no reason why because he was going nearly 20 mph faster than me (I just rejoined track). Anyway, an iRacing Employee was in the race as well, and he said he can verify the voicechat comments. He said this is not his first run in with Mr Gelli. The only word I got out of it was "useless, useless". The rest were english, but with his accent I'm not sure what they were. I have attached video as well. Forgive the choppy fraps.

At this time, the Racing Committee is investigating this protest as outlined in Section 8.3.1 of the Sporting Code.

Once the investigation is completed you will be notified of the findings and any resulting actions.

At that time, you may or may not be able to file an Appeal as outlined in Section 9 of the Sporting Code.

Regards,

Nim Cross

FIRST Chief Steward

LOL of course,Keith Richard would be happy,but not Nim Cross:

Thanks for your response Simone. I will send you my official penalty shortly. I appreciate your apology. I will go easy on you this time. Just make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Nim

Well,embarassing is it? but then:

Dear simone gelli ,
Case # CAS-2558-SC38RZ regarding your violation of Sporting Code Section 5.1.11.3 during Session ID 2102003/148839 8/10/2008 12:00 AM has been reviewed and the following action taken:

You are placed on Probation for a period of 8 Weeks starting 8/14/2008 11:36 PM and ending on 10/11/2008 11:36 PM

Simone, I appreciate your reply and thank you for your honesty. Please understand we are very serious about the iRacing Sporting Code and it's Code of Conduct. Any violations going forward will result in a suspension. Please understand I am giving you leniency in this case with the probation. Please do not make me regret it.

...and me?

Nim Cross

FIRST Chief Steward

Dear Nim Cross,
I will take the probation period,i have already disable the microphone just to avoid any other incidents,
again i feel sorry,but as you said here at iracing this is a sport,and sometimes the adrenaline is high,
thx for your leniency,it won`t happen again,as i feel i am a honest driver...have a nice weekend,i need it

Simone Gelli

Well at the end Nim was a good guy(maybe he was more interested in my yearly contract) and understood

he even said this:

You have a nice weekend also Simone. Enjoy your racing.

Nim

so guys even if you get upset do not yell abuse to the other NOOB driver.Also it shows that they are serious about it,
and doing so are trying to keep it clean.For me....i wont do it again is bad,,,,,,have a nice race

muuhahahahahaha Keith Richard be with me
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: sporting code

Post by ysu »

So was it about your voice chat abuse only, or anything about driving as well? I can't make out what has happened, but it sounds he thought you tried to wreck him (even tho you let him pass?) I don't really get it.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

cheers for sharing :up:

an interesting read and to be honest, Im glad they are taking it seriously :)
--------------
Stu
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Lol... sounds like you deserved it mate.

Woosah... remember that word ;)
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

You do the crime and pay the Fine :nod:
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Just sent my first protest, got spun out on T4 on the last lap of the Advanced Legends race. Be interesting to see what happens, I got spun to the inside and lost a few spots as I tried to find 1st gear to get the 50 metres to cross the line :(

Was a fun race until that point.....
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Well it sounds like the iRacing servers keep replays..... wish we could see them after the race instead of the last 10 mins or so
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:Well it sounds like the iRacing servers keep replays..... wish we could see them after the race instead of the last 10 mins or so
it's weird that there is a button that looks as if you could save your replays, but its blackened out. There is a way to extend the amount of your replay, but its not guaranteed to work
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I had was knocked off the track last night at Laguna but couldn't get back to lap 1 to see what had happened....... frustrating :)
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

dvestate wrote:Just sent my first protest, got spun out on T4 on the last lap of the Advanced Legends race. Be interesting to see what happens, I got spun to the inside and lost a few spots as I tried to find 1st gear to get the 50 metres to cross the line :(

Please guys,sending a protest is serious stuff,i mean you cant send a protest cause the driver infront of you
spun and you hit him or just touches you trying racing you or whetever.Incidents happens,and please you should read
the 8.5. point in the sporting code,i do not think the frivolous protests will be taking into account,i personally
unless the competitor abuse me verbally,or does something really crazy,would never send a protest,,,i am not
interested about it.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Found it......

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Bryan\My Documents\iRacing you should see a file named Core.ini make a backup of this file.

Open it in notepad and about halfway down you should see

replayMemoryOverride=0

change it to something like

replayMemoryOverride=500000

It should now record an entire race to watch
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

9metal wrote:
dvestate wrote:Just sent my first protest, got spun out on T4 on the last lap of the Advanced Legends race. Be interesting to see what happens, I got spun to the inside and lost a few spots as I tried to find 1st gear to get the 50 metres to cross the line :(

Please guys,sending a protest is serious stuff,i mean you cant send a protest cause the driver infront of you
spun and you hit him or just touches you trying racing you or whetever.Incidents happens,and please you should read
the 8.5. point in the sporting code,i do not think the frivolous protests will be taking into account,i personally
unless the competitor abuse me verbally,or does something really crazy,would never send a protest,,,i am not
interested about it.
This guy came in from a long way back into T3, what I'd classify as a dive bomb. After hitting me he didn't lift or anything just proceeded to drive straight through me. This was clearly a last ditch effort to get a place from my point of view and as such I'm allowed to raise it as an incident for review.

There have been plenty of incidents that have happened around me/to me during races that could have been reported, reporting people isn't my go but when it is a pretty blatant move I'm going to do something about it. If I was the guy behind I would have settled for the spot and not pushed someone out of the way.