Money Bill Williams has left the Country

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Money Bill Williams has left the Country

Post by dvestate »

Just heard about this, I'm a massive Bulldogs fan and have to say I'm gutted. Can't understand how a bloke walks out on a 4 year deal without saying a word to ANYONE!!! This guy just walked away without speaking to a sole, he saw the CEO this morning and didn't say a word..........

All this from a bloke that bagged out Mason for walking away mid-contract, at least Mason went through the process and was released by the club. A DOG act by Money Bill Williams, wonder how he can sleep at night??
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Money Bill Williams has left the Country

Post by r8response »

dvestate wrote: wonder how he can sleep at night??
On his bed of money, supposedly worth 3m a year
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I was going to say i can think of 3 million reasons :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

i couldnt figure out what the hell you were on about.. granted not the biggest footscray/western bulldogs fan, but had never heard of a Bill Williams. I went searching news, and realised you were talking about rugby lol.. i didnt know rugby had a bulldogs as well.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

lol ^

As far as the whole Sunny Bill thing, in the end its not the whole money thing. Its the way he went about it.

Compare the situation to Mark Gasner, he left to go earn millions. Its fair enough he didnt get paid his full entitled wage, and had a clause to get him out. Money Bill just got up and left and broke his contact.

This is a dangerous thing, and its not a one way League > Union thing, it can happen with union players coming to league to chase money
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Just heard on the radio that the bulldogs and nrl are going to the supreme court to stop him playing for the rest of the year.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Funny stuff Dex :)

As I said I'm a massive NRL Bulldogs fan, but have to say if he wanted to go he should have done it the right way. Maybe front his teammates and the club that have both done so much for him and finally say something to his fans, many of them kids that don't know what is going on.

If I was in the same boat it would be hard to say no to the cash but I'd at least tell my current employer what was going on. The big thing is that if nothing can be done then there is nothing to stop French Rugby clubs grabbing stars from Union or League on massive deals.

Australian sport just can't afford it, we don't have enough people in this country where players can earn Millions a season.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

It will be interesting to see if an Australian court can stop him....
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Not really a Bulldogs fan, but he certainly screwed up. He's just like his tosser friend Anthony Mundine... oh look, Mundine even paid his fine. :rolleyes:

Anyway Sonny Bill was overrated... as well as his former team member Willie Mason. Someone needs to teach Mason that he has to HOLD onto the football, not drop it. They also need to tell him that's his a massive player who should run straight and hard as well as having more than one go every 15 mins. What's with his stupid little foot shuffle's lately, anyway?? It looks retarded and always fails - he needs to leave the foot work to someone like Anasta.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I heard some of his interview. He didn't seem to have a whole lot happening academically really. And if memory serves didn't Mundane do something similar ?
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Yep, Mundine did the same... Mundine was a Dragons player and half way through seaon 2000 he left NRL to box.