iPhone

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: iPhone

Post by dvestate »

hey Wab, how about answering my iPhone related question...... I'm to lazy to research that but I'm obviously happy to investigate how Se1z can get one :D
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

dvestate wrote:hey Wab, how about answering my iPhone related question...... I'm to lazy to research that but I'm obviously happy to investigate how Se1z can get one :D
Your meaning the below one?
dvestate wrote:Hows the iPhone in terms of data storage and creation?
Short answer: I haven't a clue, as i haven't given it a thought.

Long Answer: From what i seen. Connecting it via usb in windows (yeah i was at work). It brings up a window allowing you to view/copy files/photos and what not. But other than that, i really think Apple has locked it down afair bit, reason? I dont know, I dont work for Apple :D

Now, for some helpful tips: Slow syncing of iPhone with iTunes issue.

I've been reading that some people are getting annoyed that the syncing can be very slow. So i did some snooping and found a bucket load of "Crash Report" files stored on my pc (yes yes personal computer... i dont need another fucktard saying Macs arent PCs).

When syncing the iPhone, the computer sends off each report to Apple, thus it can take alot of time. I found the location in OS X but i'll need someone to tell me the location under Windows please.
  1. (Mac) Navigate to /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobilesDevices
  2. Delete the iPhones folder and contents (example: Ben's iPhone)
  3. Sync and happy days
** Windows Directory = C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Thanks but I was thinking can you create a document with the iPhone..... ie type stuff up and save it to recall and update later????

Maybe I should do some Googlin'
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

highly doubt it mate. You can view different files from emails but there isn't like MS Word app for example. There's some funky thing you can do with Safari bookmarks but I see that as a poor "work around" rather than a solution. :)
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I'll tell her to hold off if she can and maybe the next version will get those features :)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

it doesnt have a word processor? or even a notepad equivalent? Thats unbelievable! Thats a joke.
eek
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

There's "notes"... It automatically saves each note, and you can email it off later on.

It will only be a matter of time before someone releases an office compatible app though.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

iPhone 2.0.2 is available from iTunes.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

AstrO wrote:
Gold! Maybe even funnier was that i watched it on my phone with the contractor beside me.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

wabbit wrote:Gold! Maybe even funnier was that i watched it on my phone with the contractor beside me.
:rofl: :yes:
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Mate just made the following website http://www.trafficalert.org. It grabs the Traffic data from http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au (only for QLD people) and in beta at the moment.

Currently its locked down to work only for iPhones & iPod Touch, viewing it from other devices/computer you'll see the "coming soon" message.

Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

AstrO wrote:
:rofl:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

2.1.0 software is out on itunes. big list of bug fixes.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Have they finally fixed the bug that gives the owner the impression that everyone else care's that he/she has an iphone and that its ok for he or she to put it on the table in front of people at every possible opportunity and show me for the 3 hundredth time how you can drink a beer from the iphone??
eek
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

pixelboy wrote:Have they finally fixed the bug that gives the owner the impression that everyone else care's that he/she has an iphone and that its ok for he or she to put it on the table in front of people at every possible opportunity and show me for the 3 hundredth time how you can drink a beer from the iphone??
Narr :D Do people really use those silly apps like the Beer drinking one... epic fail! I must be at the other end of the scale. People in meetings want to use and try out the phone.

Back on topic: 2.1.0 is all good so far. I dont restart my phone like i had to with previous Nokias. So around the 2 week mark i'll know for sure.

Off topic: Can someone tell me how these updates are meant to called? What im trying to say is..

2.0.0 -> 2.0.1 Is called a minor patch?

where as

2.0.0 -> 2.1.0 Is called a major patch? like a Service Pack in Microsoft land?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pixelboy wrote:Have they finally fixed the bug that gives the owner the impression that everyone else care's that he/she has an iphone and that its ok for he or she to put it on the table in front of people at every possible opportunity and show me for the 3 hundredth time how you can drink a beer from the iphone??

Oh man, I hear ya Pix. A friend of my mums bags the bejesus out of me when ever he sees me because I have a N95. Every time he insists on showing me some new App that he has gotten that apparently makes his penis 7x longer than any man within a 50 km radius. The fact that he doesnt get coverage just up the road from me tickles my fancy though. I have seen him drive past a few times lately and delight in calling him and leaving a voice mail telling him to get a phone, not a toy. :) And before you iLovers tell me its the network, the N95 has full coverage in the same area on the same network. :D

I am not anti Apple, I love my MBP, but I am anti the smug fuckers that seem to gravitate towards Apple gear.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

those N95 are pretty decent phones. I was really tempted to get one when they firsrt came out.

I always put my phone on the table, same with my keys as they dig into me in my pockets. I always done it with no matter what phone i have had. I get more "oh wow an iphone" when im using it in public than anything else.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

NeilPearson wrote:those N95 are pretty decent phones. I was really tempted to get one when they firsrt came out.

I always put my phone on the table, same with my keys as they dig into me in my pockets. I always done it with no matter what phone i have had. I get more "oh wow an iphone" when im using it in public than anything else.
I do the same, usually take the phone out of my pocket when ever I go any where. But I don't tell every one to look at it and how cool it is. Some people have been impressed that it has NavMan capabilities, but like I tell everyone, there was a bit of work that went in to getting it working. I am sure I would love an iPhone, but it is at least 12 months away til I am up for renewal on this handset. Maybe then.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

wabbit wrote:Can someone tell me how these updates are meant to called? What im trying to say is..

2.0.0 -> 2.0.1 Is called a minor patch?

where as

2.0.0 -> 2.1.0 Is called a major patch? like a Service Pack in Microsoft land?
All the information you seek can be found here :D
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

AstrO wrote:All the information you seek can be found here :D
:rofl: Thanks :yes: