MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Post by Fandango »

Just stumbled upon this after hearing a few songs on Triple J and I love it. Really cruisy fun music... I wanna learn this on drums now.

Electric Feel and Time to pretend are favourites so far.

Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Post by NeilPearson »

there also played on the normal stations nowdays to fandy, i know 929 and nova are always playing them.

and they are good. very mellow. i like
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Yeah I seem to hear em thrashed a fair bit on those goddam commercial stations at work.
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

thats why I love triple J

they will play them a month b4 anyone else and not absolutely flog you with the same song every hour....

JJJ's for the win
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

personaly i cant stand JJJ, there all pretentios fuckwads who think there better than everyone else.

well this is what i got from the 10 mins i listend to it once.... lol. stereotyping ftw!

i was looking at novas playlist the other day for a song name, and they literatly only have about 30 songs they play. thats a load of crock
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

i dont listen to the commentary, i listen to the music...

except for father bob and monday night late they have hip hop show which have some interesting people on it,
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

NeilPearson wrote:personaly i cant stand JJJ, there all pretentios fuckwads who think there better than everyone else.
... as opposed to Kyle on that commercial bullshit excuse for a radio station.
Personally I'd much rather listen to the hosts and artists talk about music between songs than hear a jingle about discounted ironing boards 15 times a day.

As for MGMT, I have probably heard them but don't recognise the name, I'll keep an ear out
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

this track has been out for months and months. The J's were not the 1st to get hold of it. It did the rounds on MP3 via a bit of Viral Promotion on the net. I actually had Electric Feel on a CD someone burnt off for me for a good 3 months before i heard it on Nova. The thing that fucks me off is how Nova continuously go on about "New Music 1st" and promote this track, i mean they are still saying this track is new now, dickheads.

Meanwhile, I got the album the other day, it's very cruisy, nothing too excitable but awesome mellow out tunes. A lot of people go on about how this group was called "The Management" before hand like we should know who they were..lol., Personally, i had never fucking heard of them.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

NeilPearson wrote:personaly i cant stand JJJ, there all pretentios fuckwads who think there better than everyone else.
Agree
NeilPearson wrote:i was looking at novas playlist the other day for a song name, and they literatly only have about 30 songs they play. thats a load of crock
Agree

The J's are so not what they used to be. But in saying that, there's no other stations any better, The industry needs a shakeup.. lol.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Hz-Lab wrote: The J's are so not what they used to be. But in saying that, there's no other stations any better, The industry needs a shakeup.. lol.
yeah i agree tripple J is not the best anymore.. its really just commercial alternative..

Hz, not sure what local radio you have around where you are, but i mainly only listen to SYN here in melb.. (Student Youth Network), its run by irritating uni students and highschool kids, but they actualy play some good music at times... Tripple R here isnt too bad either if you know when the programs you like are going to be played.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

well with the presets they were playing them for a lot longer then 1 month before they got the rest of the world behind them
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wobblysauce wrote:well with the presets they were playing them for a lot longer then 1 month before they got the rest of the world behind them
I don't understand what your point is
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Love their music, that "Time to Pretend" song is the opening song in the movie "21", love its style.
richo

Post by richo »

I have been listing to the Jays since there first day on air in 1975 and yes some things have changed for the worse but on there worst day the station is still tenfold better than any commercial station.

I cant understand how anyone can put up with the adds, the incessant stupid competitions ( The jays are guilty on this too ) and fuckwit announcers , JJJ does more to promote Australian music than all of the commercial stations combined not to mention how much new talent they are willing to promote.

MGMT like a lot of bands has been aired on the jays for months and months, then you hear a commercial station bragging about "best new music" , yes if you havent noticed that pisses me off :)
[]D [] []v[] []D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

richo wrote:I have been listing to the Jays since there first day on air in 1975 and yes some things have changed for the worse but on there worst day the station is still tenfold better than any commercial station.

I cant understand how anyone can put up with the adds, the incessant stupid competitions ( The jays are guilty on this too ) and fuckwit announcers , JJJ does more to promote Australian music than all of the commercial stations combined not to mention how much new talent they are willing to promote.

MGMT like a lot of bands has been aired on the jays for months and months, then you hear a commercial station bragging about "best new music" , yes if you havent noticed that pisses me off :)

tripple J to me seems to only play 'new' music once they have already been known around local scenes for ages, and played on community radio etc.

I still see JJJ as a commercial station, they just tap into the 'alternative' market, which isnt really alternative.. its fairly popular.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

A few years ago TripleJ decided that they wanted to get a bigger share of the market. I'm not exactly sure why. They're government funded and don't need to sell ads.

As soon as they went after the ratings, they started to suck.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I stay away from the radio. except for Hamish and andy on the way home. otherwise its cd's or in my truck my MP3 player with the tape deck addon thing to listen to that. much more interesting than whats on the radio
Enforcer-J wrote:... as opposed to Kyle on that commercial bullshit excuse for a radio station.
Personally I'd much rather listen to the hosts and artists talk about music between songs than hear a jingle about discounted ironing boards 15 times a day.

As for MGMT, I have probably heard them but don't recognise the name, I'll keep an ear out
Oh agreed. im not normaly in my car at that time of night so i dont have the opportunity to listen. but even if i was, i wouldnt listen. The only show i will listen to is hamish and andy, but even thats starting to drive me nuts with the adverts and songs in it. i reckon we get 30 mins of hamish and andy out of the whole 2 hours there on in the afternoons.