Third Test (SCG)

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Third Test (SCG)

Post by DexterPunk »

VTRacing wrote:There is no doubt which was the better side in this series, and that side was led by a brave man.
i think that it really started to even out after Lee went out of the side and Siddle found some form. They may have just taken their foot off the accelerator a bit (south africa) but there was a lot more positives to come out of that test than the previous two, even if they hadnt of won it.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I am very pissed off that I missed the last 6 overs. I just heard the result. Probably a fair outcome, Australia did manage to play better this test.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

It was quite incredible. No-one could believe that Smith was actually going to bat, and he got a standing ovation walking on to the ground.

Hayden has to go: poor batting is one thing but now he's dropping simple catches too.
:teach:
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

What an amazing series.. two great run chases from the saffers then todays finish... all conducted in a great sporting spirit.

Smith proved he's a man of character and both sides have some good youngsters!

Be very interesting on the return leg in SA.

Test Cricket FTW!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
eek
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

pixelboy wrote:What an amazing series.. two great run chases from the saffers then todays finish... all conducted in a great sporting spirit.

Smith proved he's a man of character and both sides have some good youngsters!

Be very interesting on the return leg in SA.

Test Cricket FTW!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Amen to that Pix. We have been spoilt the last few years. Well, since Waugh led them to India and they played that amazing series over there. The Ashes in England, despite some inept captaincy from Punter, was a belter of a series. The last Adelaide test against the Poms. Last years series against India had it all. M Clark taking 3 wickets at the death to win it in Sydney! Long live Test cricket.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

He PLAYED!!!!! Damn I missed it. He gets significant brownie points for that one. To quote Shakespeare "He showed his metal" :yes:
I wish I could have seen it.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Was awesome to watch, I stayed at work to see it after I saw on Cricinfo Smith was going back in.

I thought they had it, Johnson didn't seem to bowl anything menacing till the wicket ball which was a zinger!
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

yeah was great... i thought it was all over, and then smith starts marching down... i think everyone just had so much respect for his fighting spirit, specially since the series was already wrapped up, i dont think anyone would have thought less of him if he didnt bat with a broken hand lol... every ball he was taking his hand off the bat in pain, but was just in there to try and bat out the overs, and nearly did!

VT i agree Hayden has to go... i dont want him to go out like this, its sad, but i think he should go. However, his fielding and catching is still top notch... yes he dropped a sitter, but i dont think thats any indication that his catching has gone bad. I havnt seen him drop one in a long time, and i see no reason that its going to become a habit.

EDIT: just saw on the news, hes been dropped.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Normally, I would start touting Ashes wins for England.... But I can't really do that now. This test series was the best since England won the Ashes, much of that was due to the fact that the games were close and it was played it good spirit.... sometimes. All in all I enjoyed watching it.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
fp

Post by fp »

Exar Kun wrote:Hehe yeah. I find it kind of funny that even if Australia win, it still doesn't mean an attack that is capable of taking 20 wickets in a match...
Now in all fairness, with Haydos in the lineup, RSA effectivly only had to get 18 too :lol:

Nah, seriosuly though, it's a shame to see his career come to a potential end with such a drop in his performance.

Big kudos to Smith for going into bat, great to see.
But did anyone honestly not expect him to? I would have been dissapointed if he hadn't.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...