VW Jetta TDI Cup Announced

iRacing
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

VW Jetta TDI Cup Announced

Post by Gizmo »

iRacing.com has announced a new partnership with Volkswagen that will soon allow iRacing subscribers to compete in the virtual version of the VW Jetta TDI Cup starting season 3 2009.

All members with a Rookie 4.0 or higher competition license are welcome, fighting not just for points and honor but something more exciting. Once the season is over, the top ranked drivers which meet the VW Jetta TDI Cup requirements (age between 16-26 and North American/Mexcio resident) will receive an invitation by Volkswagen of America and get their chance to prove themselves in a real VW Jetta TDI Cup race car.

Volkswagen will be selecting 30 drivers to compete in the real-life 2010 season and should the iRacing qualifier be among them, his/her full season will be paid for!

The partnership does not end there as iRacing will become the primary gateway to the Driver Selections event for the 2011 VW jetta TDI Cup season. This will give talented sim racers the chance to prove that they aren’t just quick behind the wheel of a virtual car and that real driving talent can be found in the sim racing community.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Re: VW Jetta TDI Cup Announced

Post by Hz-Lab »

iRacing will have a volksy before LFS..lol
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hz-Lab wrote:iRacing will have a volksy before LFS..lol
LOL, I didn't think of it that way. It'll be really weird having a diesel car in a sim. Red-lining at 4 grand we'll feel like we're hardly moving!

I do love the initiative, even if it doesn't apply to us here. If that sort of thing can eventually be applied to things like the Skippys and also some sort of spec-oval tier (there's got to be one in the states) then the game will be making some great ground up on we're we've always wanted sims to take us.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

isn't it a shame we're too old to actually have a fair crack at these things..lol....
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Excellent concept, even if its limited to US/Mexican residents.

As for iRacing before LFS.. the comparison is chalk and cheese
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Hz-Lab wrote:isn't it a shame we're too old to actually have a fair crack at these things..lol....
speak for yourself you filthy octogenarian.

oh yeah, Im nearly 40 myself. Too bad I am not younger or live in the USA (wouldnt live in Mexico. too many mexicans)

crackin comedy aside, I think it is great for iRacing :up:
--------------
Stu
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

r8response wrote:Excellent concept, even if its limited to US/Mexican residents.

who was comparing?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Hz-Lab wrote:
r8response wrote:Excellent concept, even if its limited to US/Mexican residents.

who was comparing?
yeah. you cant compare iRacing to LFS as iRacing will never be a finished product :D
--------------
Stu
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Bauer wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:

who was comparing?
yeah. you cant compare iRacing to LFS as iRacing will never be a finished product :D
Troll baits 'r' us!

I was all excited till I saw the 'fine print', but in saying that, awesome that there is another road vehicle coming :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Hz-Lab wrote:isn't it a shame we're too old to actually have a fair crack at these things..lol....

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF YOU OLDFART :yikes:

I'm 49 and i'll give it ago :lol:
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!