Dedicated racing cockpits

iRacing
wenmo

Re: Dedicated racing cockpits

Post by wenmo »

Hi Flagger, You are in the same position i'm in. I have done the rounds on the net looking for Aussie cockpits and come up with the same listings. The cheapest option is still Obutto around $900 delv compared to the other two at approx $1200. I find it hard to uunderstand that Obutto dont have a retailer major chain here to sell, ie Harvey Normans, EB games etc. I wonder if it is any cheaper if we do a small group purchase of say 4 or so to get it cheaper. i would be happy to pay about $250 for freight but $450 is just to much, might pay to contact Brendon? :yes:
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
flagger

Post by flagger »

Hi guys, sorry to get back late. Flew down to Sydney yesterday and been in Bathurst/Lithgow all day today and now I'm back in Sydney

None of my current friends in Brisbane have decent powertools that I can borrow. I would have to buy the necessay stuff, though I have a drill already :p

Wenmo, I don't know how the group buy thing would work with all of us in different locations. Even if we got 4 obutto cockpits shipped to 1 address, we still need to ship it further on. For reference a few years ago, I shipped 4 rims (2 with tyres still) from Adelaide to Brisbane via AirRoadDirect and it cost $167. Second round of shipping might wipe out the savings for a group buy :(
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

flagger, if you ever consider building a frame out of aloooominum... id be happy to post pics and measurements. It wont look as cool as a hyperstim setup, but functionally its ace.