Rules Chat

iRacing
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Rules Chat

Post by ysu »

I thought it would be good to concentrate stuff about rules into here.
Be it rules on track or rules to progress, etc...

Now the latest interesting stuff from an announcement, it's a bit of a WTF moment for me :)
Race Week Scoring:
We have changed the way your race week points are scored. We now only average the top 50% of your races run in a given week in a series instead of all of your races run.
But giving it a bit more thought, it's actually a good one iMHO :) it will encourage racing even after a good result - and even more after a bad one!

Also:
A new World Records page is available under STATS
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
GT VIRUS
Karen

Re: Rules Chat

Post by GT VIRUS »

after last week in the mazda, i was getting annoyed with drivers crossing the pit lane cones into T1. Seems like a reckless manuever to me, and i almost want to get get coming out of the pits by someone doing that just to protest them and get it stopped
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

ysu wrote:
Race Week Scoring:
We have changed the way your race week points are scored. We now only average the top 50% of your races run in a given week in a series instead of all of your races run.
But giving it a bit more thought, it's actually a good one iMHO :) it will encourage racing even after a good result - and even more after a bad one!
Makes sense to me after thinking about it. I was a 1 race per week per series person. Now that I can do a 2nd race and it is essentially a free hit. I may race twice as often. or - since I have never really chased the championship (other than in the LWRRC) it may not make any difference (now the the LWRRC has been shelved). I dont see it as a backward step. If the SRF is as good as it seems, I may race that often :D
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah im happy with that 50% rule, it makes it less harsh if you have a bad race.
flagger

Post by flagger »

I think the 50% rule should be good for iRacing
Simone Gelli

Post by Simone Gelli »

not really, i do not like it much...not that i care a lot either,but after starting with iracing and doing 1 race every day i began to like the one shot one result formula...bit more realistic, and at the same time keeps ppl from doing too many silly things in a race.like"well i crashed onto that guy,but i do not care only the best 50% count,try next race...."At the same time i welcomed the NO RESET button,so here you are we are even,making a mistake next season is a no go :eek:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

the one shot one result forumla wont change really, it just gives you more of an option to not get screwed over, if you do get wrecked bad you can just enter another race and it wont matter.

the no rests for C B A licecned races is the best idea ever, now just to fix damage...
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

so when does the race-week starts now? has it really changed? I've kinda missed that info...
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The change over will be on Tuesday 0:00 GMT now (10am AEST). It's in the schedule announcement.

Hopefully it won't affect the Tuesday night races.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah thanks Darren.