Wedding music

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Wedding music

Post by durbster »

I'm getting married in Turkey later this year and we have been asked what music we want to play during the ceremony. We need something as the bride walks down the aisle and I guess something else when we leave. We've got a few tracks in mind but have you got any suggestions? :banana_guitar:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Wedding music

Post by w00dsy »

i assumed it'd be all rave music, pre 97 of course.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Oh yeah :D
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Is there time for us to talk you out of it????

actually to be serious for a moment, had a mate and his new bride do a version of this including the dance at there wedding recently... went down a treat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvY65BCo0L4

took em ages to learn the dance steps, and to add lib the bits in between....
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Ugly Kid Joe - I hate everything about you?
The Grid - Swamp Thing
oo....
Green Day - Geek Stink Breath

:D
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
thornz

Post by thornz »

Iron Maiden - Bring you daughter to the slaughter
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yesterday - Beatles :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
pogo

Post by pogo »

One Crowded Hour, by Augie March. My sister had it at her wedding (the intro as she walked out) and it was spot on. The album version starts a bit softer.

Of course it's so personal though.
Montey

Post by Montey »

For my wedding we put a whole bunch of MP3s on a laptop and plugged it in to the venue's audio system.

I gave them a blank desktop with 2 icons.... [Wedding March] & [Reception Music]

The [Wedding March] was the 2nd movement from Dvorak's Symphony no.9 "From the New World", Largo. It is a movement which describes his process of travelling from what is now the Czech Republic to the United States, it is very symbolic of transition and change from one state to another and extremely appropriate for making the transition from singledom to marriage.

The [Reception Music] was a collection of music that the wife and I enjoy and that has some relevance to us. It had everything from modern stuff (sans-HipHop) through Jazz to Baroque masterpieces. It even had things like KungFoo Fighting in it
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Montey wrote:For my wedding we put a whole bunch of MP3s on a laptop and plugged it in to the venue's audio system.

I gave them a blank desktop with 2 icons.... [Wedding March] & [Reception Music]

The [Wedding March] was the 2nd movement from Dvorak's Symphony no.9 "From the New World", Largo. It is a movement which describes his process of travelling from what is now the Czech Republic to the United States, it is very symbolic of transition and change from one state to another and extremely appropriate for making the transition from singledom to marriage.

The [Reception Music] was a collection of music that the wife and I enjoy and that has some relevance to us. It had everything from modern stuff (sans-HipHop) through Jazz to Baroque masterpieces. It even had things like KungFoo Fighting in it
what, no Susan Boyle? :hide:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Foo Fighters - Everlong, bonus points for playing the video
Montey

Post by Montey »

w00dsy wrote:
Montey wrote:For my wedding we put a whole bunch of MP3s on a laptop and plugged it in to the venue's audio system.

Who?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Montey wrote:
w00dsy wrote:

Who?
Oh come on, you know who... the woman who Sarah Brightman learnt all her stuff from??? :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

I did have a few of these songs written down (married in '04)... I'll see if I can remember any of them.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Good stuff. I think a classical track at the beginning and something more exciting at the end would work.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

nine inch nails - Happiness in slavery