2009 NBA Finals *SPOILERS*

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: 2009 NBA Finals *SPOILERS*

Post by nutty »

Just too back your point up both teams need a huge final play, Lakers go to Fisher who throws up a airball.. Cavs go to LeBron who sinks a huge 3
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

lol that 3 was just insane, cavs were lucky to come away with that one after being 43-20 up!
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Magic wins today making it Magic v Lakers in the final.
Magic just spread the floor soo well, they had to double team Dwight and they just shot 3's, today they dont double team Dwight and he scores 30+ points and dominate..
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

fuck fuck fuck!!!! damn it i wanted Cavs to win. How much of a superstar is Lebron!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

same :(
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yea I watched most of the magic vs cavs games, LeBron was just amazing... Game 5 they passed him the ball at the top of the key some 20+ strait plays and he either scored or got the assist.

I just wonder how much better he can get, he is only 24 years old.. yet he is a leader.. 1mvp down how many more are left?
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Big question is will he stay with the Cavs?
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Id like to see him stay, but his team really doesn't give him much support, he seems to do pretty much everything... hes like teen wolf. :D
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

It will be intresting, New York have the cap space so thats where he is likely to go.
The saving grace for the Cavs is that he was born and rased in Ohio so im sure he feels some home town loyality to the Cavs.. But surely the sparkling lights of playing for such a big city team like the Knicks could make the diffrnce.

I guess it depends on what happens, one advantage the Cavs has is a few players are becomming free agents this year, which allows them to pickup some solid singings and with the way LeBron played I can see a few played they might get some good players cheap looking to play for a team to win a championshi
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

DexterPunk wrote:hes like teen wolf. :D
:rofl: How awesome was that movie! Haven't seen it in a bloody long time - gonna have to try and hunt it down me thinks :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

So who's going to win?

Im still with the Lakers prehaps 5-6 games, last year would have hurt and they just have tallent in every spot. Matchup wise they might struggle with Howard but I dare say they will have Bynam off the bench and put Gasol on Howard and have the two rotating, leaving Odem on Lewis.

And unlike the Cavs Kobe + Ariza should do a fairly good job on the shooters
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Salary cap will likely go down after next season so they may not have as much space as they thought but thats a long way away.

Gotta tip the Lakers but there is still a high probability of them finding a way to implode and hand it to the Magic.
XLV SPORT
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Well that didnt happen, should have been a sweep... I mean game 3 Magic shot 60+% and still won by 4..

Lakers just had them all around the court, They used experence to cover Howard really well, smart doubleteams forcing him into errors and making sure they fouled him and put him at the line if needed. Same time they just didnt give the shooters the free space like the cavs did.

Deserving champions, I really wished it was a Cavs vs Lakers final, imagine having Lebron playing like he did against the Magic up against Kobe.

But going back to what you said on the other page Jiminee about Kobe and his scoring performances.. I think its down to just how he plays on the court.. his basketball IQ is close to unmatched in the whole history of the game.. While skill wise I dont think he is at Micheal's pure level. Just watch how he controls the game, every decision regardless if its offense/defense he seems to be a part of.. Its like having the best coach in the league who just happens to be the most prolific scorer in the league.

Going to be a few interesting changes for the next season for most clubs, Lakers have Arizea who played a HUGE final series and is a unrestricted free agent next season, his stock has gone up heaps (he is only a 3mil per year player atm) so if he chases money I doubt the Lakers could keep him, same for Odem.
I think the Cavs are going to have to pick smart in the Draft and some good trades, remember LeBron is off contract and has a few places he could go as well..

Talking of the Draft, Looks like Patty Mills has put his hat in, I kinda didnt really expect him to put his hat in unless he was going to get a first round draft, so hopefully he knows more then we do
But I seen him play a few times throughout his career.. he is a amazing player and I really hope he gets a team that is willing to work with him to improve.