Backlash towards simraceway(rfactorcentral)

ISI's new sim rFactor
VIPEROSI

Backlash towards simraceway(rfactorcentral)

Post by VIPEROSI »

Check this out

http://www.virtualr.net/modders-to-boyc ... /#comments

Its going to suck losing a site like rfactorcentral but when they are trying to milk the modding community like this now thanks to there new management i can handle it.

Hopefully someone will create another website with the same function rfactor central has served for years.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Backlash towards simraceway(rfactorcentral)

Post by DexterPunk »

im prob missing something here.... but why is this different to starting up a racing club/league where you pay to join and race with the club. hmmmm i guess its the fact that the memberships pay for the server costs etc... and generally they are non profit. The thing is, a site could claim the same thing about the bandwidth costs of hosting all those mods and files couldnt they?
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Backlash towards simraceway(rfactorcentral)

Post by Johnny X »

Well Enduracers have followed through on thier decision not to release at RFC and just released at RSC. Racing Lines Cart98 mod has been released at RFC despite them joining the boycott (and very good it is too :D )

What will the score be for those of us who just want to go pick up racing ? Anyone developing a new Vroc ? :) I guess that'll carry on though Rfactor actually... silly me :rolleyes:

Is it just a case of the guy who developed RFC selling out and letting the new owner sort out the crap with the modders, might have been an astute move... :eek: