Ashes + Shane Warne

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever

Would have Shane Warne won the aussies the ashes??

Yes
78%
No
No votes
Would have been better off with him, but no
22%

Total votes: 9

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Ashes + Shane Warne

Post by DexterPunk »

There was some speculation that after the 20twenty IPL series that Shane Warne put his hand up to go in one more time to play for Australia in the ashes... I know this is a bit of a fantacy thread... but, in his current form.. would Shane Warne have got the Aussies the win?? He's still more than capable of playing at an elite level.. what's the thoughts of you guys??? i actually think even with his age, he would have been the extra quality bowler that could have made the difference.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: Ashes + Shane Warne

Post by nutty »

Without a doubt. Lets face it in his playing days he wasnt the fittest person around.. but even listening to his commentate you can really understand what a great cricketing mind he is.

As long as he can take 5 steps and flight the ball in he would make a significate impat to ANY team

I feel he would have made the diffrence, not just specifically for his bowling, but what he would bring in terms of helping ponting run the team
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I reckon, he'd make a difference even without his bowling, he seems to lift the side just by being there.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Shhh

Dont tell the ENglish - they may make him an Englishman and recruit him...