What happens to entitlements if you abandon your job.

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
Montey

What happens to entitlements if you abandon your job.

Post by Montey »

I was wondering if anyone knows what happens to your employee entitlements (annual leave, etc...) if you abandon your job?

What I mean by abandoning your job is that you simply stop turning up, you just pack your stuff up one day, don't give notice, walk out and don't come back. Does your employer, upon concluding you have abandoned your employment have to pay out your entitlements?

Any ideas?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
limbo

Re: What happens to entitlements if you abandon your job.

Post by limbo »

to the best of my knowledge... all entitlements are payed up until the last day worked.... although if you leave without giving notice the employer may be allowed to keep two weeks pay in lui of notice. would depend on workplace agreements and union and government awards. i would suggest seeking legal advice.. workplace arbitration commission or a lawyer. but the holidays and other accruable benifits will still be owed.
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I think limbo is right.

I think when someone did the same at our work, the lost the 4 weeks of time they where ment to give as "notice" from there entitlements
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

take your leave and then don't show up .. problem solved
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
pab

Post by pab »

wobblysauce wrote:take your leave and then don't show up .. problem solved
I think it's probably the other way around, he's trying to get out of paying the entitlements to one of his (former) employees.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

pab if that's the case, if you don't show up you don't get Squat

even now if you cant make it in, you need to phone up, so skipping out you get nada
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Im fairly sure your annual leave is YOUR MONEY technically, it is OWED to you no matter what and they cannot simply not give it to you...