Playing PodCasts one after another on the iPhone.

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Playing PodCasts one after another on the iPhone.

Post by norbs »

Can it be done? I am riding for about 90 mins of an afternoon now and if I play the Roy and HG podcasts the 1st one will play then when its finished, it just stops playing. Is there a way to get them to continue to play automatically?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Robbo

Re: Playing PodCasts one after another on the iPhone.

Post by Robbo »

Haven't tried this but found it on the net ...

Here's how to shuffle or get continuous play of Podcasts on an iPhone or iPod Touch:

1. Create a Smart Playlist. Choose "New Smart Playlist" from the File menu of iTunes.

2. In the dialog box that pops up, there are two primary drop-down menus. Click on the first one (on the left), and choose "Media Kind" from the list. Now there will be three main drop-down menus. In the third one (on the right), choose "Podcast" from the list. You should now have the following rule: "Media Kind is Podcast."

3. In the center of the dialog box you'll see the phrase "selected by" followed by a drop-down menu. If you choose "highest rating" from the menu, your podcasts will appear on the device in order of which have been most highly rated by other users, which is nice.

4. Click OK.

Now, when you synchronize your iPhone or iPod, the podcasts you sync will be available in the Playlists area (button on the left in the iPod app). If you press Shuffle, they'll play in random order. If you click on a podcast to play, it will automatically place the next one in on the list, then the next, etc.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Thanks Robbo. Not perfect, but it will do.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I thought it did automatically. I seem to remember it doing that any way. Podcasts Hollywood Saloon (in there is a list of 3 eps) and it plays all of them.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Nigel wrote:I thought it did automatically. I seem to remember it doing that any way. Podcasts Hollywood Saloon (in there is a list of 3 eps) and it plays all of them.

It seems like it only happens when the iPod is playing in the background. I have RunKeeper running when I ride.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Bahh theres no such issue it seems. Did two tests first without the iPod open and the second with another app open. Both continued to play the next podcast.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Well it has happened 4 rides in a row using RunKeeper, so unless I am doing it wrong, there is an issue.

I start the PodCast using the iPod doodad, then go to Runkeeper and start my activity. 50 mins in the PodCast ends and just stops.

I tried Robbo's suggestion but it didnt play them in order.

edit : Others are having the same issue on the RunKeeper forums.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Cant you just load them all up in a playlist before you set off? I think its called on the go playlist or something. But yeah the iphone playlist thing sucks