Dell 24" 2408WFP on special from Dell!

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Doso

Dell 24" 2408WFP on special from Dell!

Post by Doso »

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/22752

just picked up my 4th 24" Ultrasharp monitor! honestly for ~$450 it's one of the best prices for spva (not cheap crappy 24" TN panel!) monitor.

if you have the spare cash and your in the market for a bloody good monitor jump on this fast offer expires in a couple of days
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Dell 24" 2408WFP on special from Dell!

Post by DexterPunk »

Awesome, but also bad... i don't want to be tempted! I need to stop buying crap! Oz Bargain often has really good deals.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

not bad not bad... really tempting i shouldn't click shouldn't click
$798.99 normal cost
- $250 =Get $250 Cash Off - Expires: Thursday 25 March 2010(dells site says 4th of march that is for the $200 discount for online store)
- $82.35 =15% off Printers, Monitors & Projectors Offer ends 2 May 10(the offer code from ozbuyz)
$466.64 total
great deal ....

G2410 is a LED, that is another monitor that compares really well to 2408WFP, if your not after any angle viewing or the other ports/card reader
The optimal viewing angle for a monitor is usually directly in front, about a quarter of the screen's distance down from the top. At this angle, you're viewing the colors and gamma correction as they were intended. Most monitors are not made to be viewed at any other angle. Depending on its panel type, picture quality at nonoptimal angles varies. Most monitors use TN panels, which get overly bright or overly dark in parts of the screen when viewed from nonoptimal angles. The G2410 uses a TN panel, and when it is viewed from the sides or bottom, we perceived the screen to darken about six inches off from center. Of course, when viewed from the optimal angle, we had no problems. Performance-wise this is the only area that the 2408WFP faired better. The 2408WFP is made with a S-PVA panel which are known for having wide viewing angles.
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/de ... g=txt;page

spent a bit of time on the site and found this also, i think the cheapest from memory here posted was $450 something
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel for PC & Playstation 2/3 + Free Delivery $349
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/22271
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

What's the pros/cons of the U2410 vs the 2408WFP? I'm in the market for two new 24" monitors with display port and both of these would fit the bill. Would need decent off angle viewing. I'd like the best colour reproduction possible too.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Doso

Post by Doso »

Exar Kun wrote:What's the pros/cons of the U2410 vs the 2408WFP? I'm in the market for two new 24" monitors with display port and both of these would fit the bill. Would need decent off angle viewing. I'd like the best colour reproduction possible too.
2408 is a spva panel u2410 is sips

sips is a better but its almost twice the price
nutty wrote:No HDMI :(
Think ill go with
http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listne ... &sid=36807
No Displayport + crappy TN bassed panel
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

What uses display port?

I wanna hook my 360 up to my pc
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

The new ATI 58xx series (when you want to use 3 monitors).
Doso

Post by Doso »

nutty wrote:What uses display port?

I wanna hook my 360 up to my pc
like Astro said new ATI cards come with 2 dvi + display port for eye finity you need at least 1 displayport adapter

long term display port will replace DVI and from memory my last 2408 came with a DVI to hdmi cable
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Doso wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:What's the pros/cons of the U2410 vs the 2408WFP? I'm in the market for two new 24" monitors with display port and both of these would fit the bill. Would need decent off angle viewing. I'd like the best colour reproduction possible too.
2408 is a spva panel u2410 is sips

sips is a better but its almost twice the price
The non-sale prices seem almost the same. So if it comes down to a choice between the two at the same price then the U2410 is the one to get?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

i never seen a problem with TN myself on my PC but if you are a person that likes to get every one over to view your YouTube keyboard cat clip you just found and you want them all to have a good viewing from any angle they stand, a VA could be what you are after

it depends on if you want you want the ports for.. most would be fine with just the DVI
it depends on if you want a 'Greener' screen, as the LED power usage is a lot less
it depends is it all a lie and you get what ever you want because our needs are all different and might not want a SDcard reader also

i have been looking at 2709W / U2711, myself but from reviews not as good for gaming but every thing else is great
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.