QR Codes

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

QR Codes

Post by norbs »

Not heard of these before, but they are pretty cool.

A lot of phones have apps that read them, just do a search for QR reader.

I am not sure how they could be used, but it is a very cool idea.

here is a generator.

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: QR Codes

Post by wobblysauce »

it is like the barcode system but there are a lot more possibility with this
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

wobblysauce wrote:it is like the barcode system but there are a lot more possibility with this
Is there anything you don't know? :p
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

There are many alternatives to it, too. It's a pretty good way of storing info. It stores a hefty amouont of data (compared to a barcode, certainly) - encoded. You can print it, as an off-line storage. :lol:
I've read a couple of years ago an article - a guy was testing how much data he could store on an A4 sheet this way...crazy. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

ysu, yes you can store an immense amount of information in 1's and 0's, but like every thing it all depends on the reader, if you have different readers you can multiply the area of the total amount of combinations by the factor of reader differences.. and most commonplace for that is storing data in images
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

ysu wrote:There are many alternatives to it, too. It's a pretty good way of storing info. It stores a hefty amouont of data (compared to a barcode, certainly) - encoded. You can print it, as an off-line storage. :lol:
I've read a couple of years ago an article - a guy was testing how much data he could store on an A4 sheet this way...crazy. :)
Turned out to be a hoax.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Santaria wrote:
ysu wrote:There are many alternatives to it, too. It's a pretty good way of storing info. It stores a hefty amouont of data (compared to a barcode, certainly) - encoded. You can print it, as an off-line storage. :lol:
Turned out to be a hoax.
really? It was going on for long with everything, how small the min. gfx size could be and how much to save on margins...that's a shame. But whatever, it was a good read anyway.
(by the way where was it? you seem to have a better memory of it than me)
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

ysu wrote:
Santaria wrote:
Turned out to be a hoax.
really? It was going on for long with everything, how small the min. gfx size could be and how much to save on margins...that's a shame. But whatever, it was a good read anyway.
(by the way where was it? you seem to have a better memory of it than me)
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... was-a-hoax
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ah, thanks, that's not the one I read.
It did not claim GBs / sheet either, only large number of MBs, which - back then - wasn't looking too bad for such a basic media.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

pretty cool, had to go download an iphone app and see what that said... took me to your website >.>