Geordies get the job done!

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
Montey

Geordies get the job done!

Post by Montey »

After an absolutely miserable 2008/2009 season sending them down to the Coca Cola Championship (otherwise known as the Fizzy Pop League) for 2009/2010, Newcastle United Football Club have rebounded with a complete domination of the league and have won the championship thus ensuring a return to the top flight for 2010/2011.

Out of 44 league games played so far this year NUFC have won 29 with a goal difference of +54 and have not lost a game in the last 15 matches (12 wins, 3 draws).

Whilst Geordie fans are still massively under-whelmed by the quality of the team and disillusioned with the clubs management there is no denying that the results have been far better this season compared to previous seasons.... but I guess its been a bit like running your Aston Martin DBR9 in the local HQ series.

Well done to the lads, the EPL better be ready for the passion to return in 2010/2011!!!

[youtube] [/youtube]

We shall now see whether we can consolidate in the Premier League, or whether we are doomed to bouncing between the two leagues for the foreseeable future.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Geordies get the job done!

Post by Johnny X »

:yes: Yeah, begrudged contrafibulations to the Toon on making it back :yes: Pity we won't still be there to greet you :( :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: Geordies get the job done!

Post by Big Kev »

Howay the lads!
I just hope they can keep it going in the Premiership again but I suspect it'll be a tough season just staying out of the relegation zone.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream