Bluetooth

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
limbo

Bluetooth

Post by limbo »

not sure if i got the right sub-forum or not.. this looks like the iphone forum.

looking for suggestions about a bluetooth earpiece for two nokia(s) need to be able to have both paired (trio-ed?) to the ear piece at the same time.

any do's and dont's that anyone can tell me about?

cheers

limbo
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
wabbit

Re: Bluetooth

Post by wabbit »

You can pair multiple devices at the same time, but only use one headset at a time. I haven't any details on OS 4.0 but.
limbo

Re: Bluetooth

Post by limbo »

found one. "Blue Ant". at dicksmiths. don't go to a telstra shop. the staff are all 19 year olds trained to rip off pensioners by locking them into 24 month contracts using equipment with features they will never use. the managers are 22 year olds who act as if you are a speedbump in their climb-up the coporate ladder, only there to give them money.

even the 'trained' knowledgable staff have no fucking idea what multipoint is. they will try tell you that there is no such thing as a bluetooth earpiece that can pair with two different phones, and why would you want to any way... (well maybe i have a work phone and a personal phone and ya know what, sometimes i get calls on either one) but maybe you would buy this piece of expensive equipment and get out of the shop because we have old people to confuse with technobabble...

but i found one... not that the dicksmith staff are any older or wiser, i had to get them to unpackage every earpiece they had so i could read them manual and see if it was multipoint.

bah.. mothers day... next year it will be chocolates and roadside flowers
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.