What sort of phone do you have?

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.

What type of phone do you have and why?

I live in Nowra and Use Morse Code
3%
I have a home phone only
No votes
I have an iPhone that I pay for
39%
I have an iPhone that work pays for
No votes
I have a blackberry that I pay for
No votes
I have a blackberry that work pays for
8%
I have a htc that I pay for
17%
I have a htc that work pays for
No votes
I have another brand of smart phone that I pay for
No votes
I have another brand of smart phone that work pays for
No votes
I have a normal phone that I pay for
28%
I have a normal phone that work pays for
3%
I own a company and bought all my staff the cheapest phone I could find off ebay and put them on a no frills plan
No votes
I own a company and want to stay in touch with my staff so they have the latest and greatest beast I could find
No votes
I own a company and have the latest and greatest, but I am mean so I bought all my other staff ebay phones so they know who is boss
No votes
I have a work phone only but wish work was not so stingy and would buy me something much more cutting edge
No votes
I have two phones, the one work pays for is crappy so I bought a smart phone as well so I can be cutting edge
No votes
I have two phones, a smart phone that work pays for and I have kept my old number for years so all my ex girlfriends can keep in touch
No votes
I have three phones because two just does not turn chicks on
No votes
I have four phones because I run illegal activites and I don't want to be traced
No votes
I am the person who can always find a gap in the options on all internet polls so I am going to suggest adding another option that specifically describes my situation
3%

Total votes: 36

bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

What sort of phone do you have?

Post by bengatta »

Just trying to get an understanding of what drives mobile selections, and if there are any influences other than the actual phone that lead people to have what they currently have...

I am curious as to how many pay for their own phone, or simply takes what their company gives them...

You can pick two options if you like, just in case I have not covered all options... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
petey

Re: What sort of phone do you have?

Post by petey »

Recently got the HTC. Main reason for this was I needed to budget a bit better, 49 compared to 79 a month.

The iphone still works fine and I intend on either selling it or just handing onto a relative. I hadn't really been using 1/5 of the apps I installed on it, sorta just after the honeymoon period it didn't attract me as much.

So now have a phone which gives me everything I had on the other one for less per month and I'm back with telstra (whos reception coverage in my experience is far superior to vodafone).

The work phone stays at work personally, I rather keep work at work ha.

At the end of the day its a cheap phone IMHO and it feels solid and works well, I had heard only good reviews so thats it. oh and customization for the win.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Best survey options ever. I had to physically restrain myself from picking the silly ones.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Personal phone: iPhone
For me its never just about the handset, as it needs to work flawlessly with existing products and their features within mine and friends houses. Does that make sense bengatta?

Work phone: Blackberry
Supplied by work for my role.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / -... . -. --. .- - - .-
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

norbs wrote:..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / -... . -. --. .- - - .-
What app is that? :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I have an old nokia 6230 I think. It does texts and makes phone calls and that's it.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
petey

Post by petey »

LOL

(its funny to listen to the beeps) http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

- .... .- - .----. ... / -.-. .- .--. - .- .. -. / -.-. .-. .- -. -.- -.-- / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..-

I use a 6300, much more of a phone- then the mobile computer that can maybe hold a call.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I have a nokia 6030. It calls, it texts. I need nothing else.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

GT VIRUS wrote:I have a nokia 6030. It calls, it texts. I need nothing else.
I used to say that, until I got an iphone. There's no going back now :(
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I thought there would be more smartphone users around here.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I had a Nokia E51 my old man gave me when they upgraded all his company plans, it was probably more than I really needed, or so I thought.
The wife was pestering me for an iPhone 3GS, I'm not all that keen on Apple but was willing to get one except that there were a few specific things that ruled it out, namely sending files over bluetooth and no usb mass storage. We eventually honed in on the HTC Desire, very nearly the best phone on the market and funnily enough great value with Telstra at the moment, problem was it's just not as "beautiful" as the 3GS hehe ;) but we (she) soon got over that.
After she'd had it for about a week and I'd had a good play with it I realised I wanted one, I knew I didn't really need one but it had seduced me :p
I think part of it is it's like having another little pc to carry around and tinker with and spend hours trawling forums for information on. Hard to resist when you've got a healthy interest in all things computers.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

GT VIRUS wrote:I have a nokia 6030. It calls, it texts. I need nothing else.
Same.
I have enough distrations as it is.
When its you're money not being earnt as you phaff about with the latest star wars light saber app, it tends to prioritise [sp] your available time.
Its not that I couldn't afford it, it'd be completely deductable, no question.
There's probably a business there, someone setting up a smartphone with the various apps, [including timewasters for downtime] for folks.
But I dont have the time resources to go through the process.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard