How To destroy Angels with sauce

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

How To destroy Angels with sauce

Post by NeilPearson »

Trent and his wife have formed to create this band

First single can be heard here

http://pitchfork.com/news/38686-how-to- ... -drowning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds very much like NIN but with female vocals. I like :D
Last edited by NeilPearson on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: How To destry Angels

Post by wobblysauce »

mmm... I don't know... I keep thinking about NiN
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

What a crock of Shit. This could of been so much more. I really hope that's gonna be the worst track on the album.

in saying that, I like it, but I like it cos it sounds like NIN, but with a Chick singer. Which is exactly what I didn't want this project to be. I was really hoping Trent would explore a new avenue. But oh well.

I'll still get the album, but I will always harbor some disappointment.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

its only going to be an EP so like 6 tracks and in 2011 iirc.

I knew nothing of it until i read about it on twitter so went in there, and it is to NIN tbh. but id say trent just struggles to make something thats not NIN. its all he has done, it would be very hard to turn that style off
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

but when your on a good thing why stop..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Don't much agree with that. If anything I thought he would of been busting to break out of the mould. Although Trent is a pretty unique creature when it comes to what he thinks music is and should be.

I really hope there is something of substance on the EP then.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wobblysauce wrote:but when your on a good thing why stop..
Well this is the Thing Wobbledock, he has stopped. He ended NIN, The only reason I can think of why he has done this, is because He wanted to include his wife into the NIN project but could not bring himself to change the chemical make up of the band/project to that kind of extent seeing as NIN has always been that certain something.

This way, the NIN sound continues, but with Female Vocals, the Sound is there, but none of the "I liked the pre-fem-fronted NIN days" ramble.

I feel kind of wrong bitching about this, cos I know no matter how disappointed I am it's not what I hoped for, I am still going to like the damn thing.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I dont know if NIN has officialy ended Albums wise, he has stopped touring NIN. I have read somewhere it still open for new albums.

I just pre orderd the EP which is out in June 1st, free download for all, and on pre order you get a track now called the believers. I have to say i feel physicly assaulted by the believers, its rather basey. love it :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I have lost all faith in Trent Reznor...
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Hz-Lab wrote:I have lost all faith in Trent Reznor...
To be honest, I never really liked NIN or Trent for that matter. I'm not sure why, I just couldn't like his music. I kinda put new Tool in the same category.

Granted, it's been a LONG LONG time since I even listened to NIN though.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk get on it. Best sauce for info that I've found and believed thus far.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
petey

Post by petey »

Santaria wrote:Best sauce for info that I've found and believed thus far.

Personally I'm a ketchup man... :aussie:

I had to...
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Santaria wrote:
To be honest, I never really liked NIN or Trent for that matter. I'm not sure why, I just couldn't like his music. I kinda put new Tool in the same category.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk get on it. Best sauce for info that I've found and believed thus far.
Source dude, Source... lol

anywho, I totally understand what you are saying here, It has always baffled me how NIN have as many fans as they do. The reason I like NIN is due to the technical aspect, I listen to the tracks and pull them apart, listen for all the little glitches here and there, all the pretty harmonies over the coarse backdrops and so on and so forth. I listen to them and analyze and wonder how to recreate those sounds.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who love the technical side of things, But apart from that, I don't see the appeal that much. I think there are a heap of Fans who jumped on the NIN wagon in the "closer" period too, purely because of that track. But there are always fans that come over due to gimmic songs like that (think Mumford & Sons taking out the J's hottest 100 this year, I love M&S but that song would not of been No.1 without the F bomb).

It just puzzles me, Not having a dig, just saying how it's always made me wonder what the mass appeal was.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

so when will you guys fix the bloody title ? it's like turning a needle in my eye every time this thread surfaces.... :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
petey

Post by petey »

When he finds the right sauce of the spelling it will be sweeeet :yes:

haha ^ ^
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

You guys fail. Been on the internet how many years and don't know the significance of sauce as opposed to source? I'm embarrassed for all of you :P
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Santaria wrote:

Source dude, Source... lol

anywho, I totally understand what you are saying here, It has always baffled me how NIN have as many fans as they do. The reason I like NIN is due to the technical aspect, I listen to the tracks and pull them apart, listen for all the little glitches here and there, all the pretty harmonies over the coarse backdrops and so on and so forth. I listen to them and analyze and wonder how to recreate those sounds.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who love the technical side of things, But apart from that, I don't see the appeal that much. I think there are a heap of Fans who jumped on the NIN wagon in the "closer" period too, purely because of that track. But there are always fans that come over due to gimmic songs like that (think Mumford & Sons taking out the J's hottest 100 this year, I love M&S but that song would not of been No.1 without the F bomb).

It just puzzles me, Not having a dig, just saying how it's always made me wonder what the mass appeal was.
I like the lyrics, and the dark undertone to most of the songs, I Dont care for the technical part but i can appreciate it.

I came in at With teeth, friend sent me the live recording of Head like a hole, and that hooked me. so i got the albums and then ended up going to see them in 2005.
wobblysauce

Re: How To destroy Angels with sauce

Post by wobblysauce »

along the Nine Inch Nails side

Wiki

Code: Select all

Disputes with Universal Music Group

In May 2007, Reznor made a post on the official Nine Inch Nails website condemning Universal Music Group (parent company of Nine Inch Nails's record label, Interscope Records) for their pricing and distribution plans for Year Zero. He criticized the company's retail pricing of Year Zero in Australia as "ABSURD", concluding that "as a reward for being a 'true fan' you get ripped off." Reznor went on to say that as "the climate grows more and more desperate for record labels, their answer to their mostly self-inflicted wounds seems to be to screw the consumer over even more." Reznor's post, specifically his criticism of the recording industry at large, elicited considerable media attention. In September 2007, Reznor continued his attack on UMG at a concert in Australia, urging fans there to "steal" his music online instead of purchasing it legally. Reznor went on to encourage the crowd to "steal and steal and steal some more and give it to all your friends and keep on stealin'."

Reznor announced on October 8, 2007 that Nine Inch Nails had fulfilled its contractual commitments to Interscope Records and was now free to proceed as a "totally free agent, free of any recording contract with any label". Reznor also speculated that he would release the next NIN album online in a similar fashion to The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust!, which he produced. Reznor later released The Slip in 2008 for free download.

Via another post on the official NIN website, Reznor again openly criticized Universal Music Group for preventing him from launching an official interactive fan remix website. Universal declined to host the site just days before its scheduled launch, citing the potential "accusation", in Reznor's words, "that they are sponsoring the same technical violation of copyright they are suing [other media companies] for". Reznor wrote in response that he was "challenged at the last second to find a way of bringing this idea to life without getting splashed by the urine as these media companies piss all over each other's feet". Despite these obstacles, the remix website was launched in November 2007.
and now you can get quite a few things using the creative commons license.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

That's some old information rounded off with a statement which is widely known. kudos
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

the last 2 NIN albums have been released on the Creative commons licence. Ghosts and the slip. Ghosts you could pay for if you chose to about $4 iirc and the slip was completly free.