2001 Pulsar using heaps of oil

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

2001 Pulsar using heaps of oil

Post by kwijibo »

Hey

My fiancé's Pulsar is using a ton of oil lately.. I put about 3 litres into it a few months back as it was nearly dry, and the other day the light came on and she got another 3 litres into it. There is no oil on the driveway so it doesn't appear to be leaking, and it doesn't blow smoke.

I'm not very good with car engines, so the only thing I could think of is perhaps its leaking around the oil filter seal. I looked under the bonnet but can't find the oil filter! :rolleyes:

I don't believe it ever chewed up oil before she last had it serviced.. so either something has gone wrong since then or they screwed something up.

Any ideas?
Santaria

Re: 2001 Pulsar using heaps of oil

Post by Santaria »

Rings maybe? It's not uncommon to be burning oil and it not being smokey. Fill it full of oil again, let it idle in the driveway and just see if you can't spot any leaks etc etc?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Doubtful to be the filter. Like any other leak, you would likely see the oil and a poor seal at the filter usually sees a flood of oil

Bottom end is a possibility as Santa said. Get it checked out.

Even though you don't see oil on the driveway, have a good look underneath. You would be amazed how much oil can leak before it drops on the driveway
--------------
Stu
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Cheers guys. I think it might be due for a service soon, so I'll get it back in and have it checked out. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Man, stop putting oil into the washer fluid bottle! :D