Looking for CPU/MOBO Combo

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Looking for CPU/MOBO Combo

Post by tehsid »

Hey guys.
I'm looking for a matching, but relatively cheap motherboard and cpu combo that anybody might have lying around. I'm trying to build a rig for a friend of mine to watch movies/game a little on while he's in recovery as he just got diagnosed, and is going though treated for cancer and I want to give him something to take his mind off it. It doesn't need to be overly powerful, but the bigger the better (if the price is right :lol: )

I'd also be chasing a PSU as well, although I'm not too stressed as I can run to the computer store and grab one relatively cheap. I've got the rest of the parts which some friends have given me to use (Case, an 8800gs and 4gb of ram) and I'm getting a hard drive donated from a friend.

Cheers lads.
Hayden
c.j
Midget Wanker

Re: Looking for CPU/MOBO Combo

Post by c.j »

I have an Abit mobo, P4 2.66 and 1gb of matched mem you can have. I dont know why I still have it. Its boxed.

Ill double check the specs later, I am about to go out, but you pay for postage its yours buddy.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

c.j wrote:I have an Abit mobo, P4 2.66 and 1gb of matched mem you can have. I dont know why I still have it. Its boxed.

Ill double check the specs later, I am about to go out, but you pay for postage its yours buddy.
Ah awesome, cheers bud.
I'll see if anybody has anything with a bit more power to offer, depending on the price. But I may still take you up on it.

Thanks again mate.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

i just did a big upgrade to 6coreness 1090tBE... my old was

AMD 5000+DC
GA-M57SLI-S4
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2x4096-6400C5 G
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

wobblysauce wrote:i just did a big upgrade to 6coreness 1090tBE... my old was

AMD 5000+DC
GA-M57SLI-S4
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2x4096-6400C5 G
If you're willing to part with it, how much would you be after? I'd only need the cpu/mobo to complete the whole system for him, but depending how much you're after I might take the lot. Again, only if you willing to part with it.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

sure I am willing to part..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 MB 1x PCI express - 3PCi standard slots/ 2 gig DDR2 Kingston Ram / Pentium 4 Duo 2 775 (umm I forget the actual model ) CPU Also have a video card to suit as well
Free to a good home
I could trawl around and find which processor, Intel 2.4 something or other rings a bell.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

tehsid

Post by tehsid »

Wow, thanks a lot guys. I didn't expect anything at all let alone having this type of response already! Cheers.

Wobz - How much would you be chasing for that lot, I'm not sure how much its all worth so I don't want to make an offer.

Cutter, cheer bud. Once I get a word back from Wobz I'll see as if its the cpu I'm thinking it is (the mobo would be fantastic though) then I might take you up on it.

Also, if other people want to take up the offers made here, go for it if everybody's ok with that, I'm just after cpu and mobo from one system. I feel guiltily having to choose one as I didn't expect any response at all.

Thanks guys, once its all built and running, I'm sure there will be a big thank you from my friend when I hand it over.

Hayden
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Its ARSE dude...

I always offer my stuff here first. Its the reason I like this place, people help.

;)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

c.j wrote:Its ARSE dude...

I always offer my stuff here first. Its the reason I like this place, people help.
Are you coming on to me?
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

I dont know.. prices are NEW from staticice
$ 85.50 AMD ATHLON X2 Dual Core 5000+ CPU, 2.6GHz (65W), 1MB Cache, Socket AM2
$138.32 Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 M/b
$101.00 Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5C 4GB (2x XMS2 2GB) PC-6400 (800MHz) DDR2
$324.82 total
maybe /2
$162.41 or $111 no ram
$160 or $110

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Vilante wrote:Are you coming on to me?
Last time I did you wiped it back on me... :lol:

;)
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

Hey guys. Sorry its been a while, my psu blew up then it took my mobo with it.

I'll be back in a few days once I have the funds Wobbly. I might go with no ram though if its still on offer.

Cheers guys.