Cycling and bicycle related stuff.

CyclARSEts talk in here.
DarrenM

Re: Cycling and bicycle related stuff.

Post by DarrenM »

Might send the pics to the store and see what they think as well. Would save a 40 min drive.

Looks worse in the photo's. Probably because they're close up.

Looking at it more closely there is a gap in the pattern from the sidewall carcass which corresponds with one of the bumps, so I think I'll be looking for a replacement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Don't look good either way..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yep looks like a manufacturing defect to me from those pics.
Just check your brake pads aren't touching the tire but I can't see any distinct marks that they are.
I'd be getting them replaced for sure.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

38kms home in 37C heat and head winds. Nice.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/66010810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

jesus that's an impressive top speed.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I rode up to Springwood via Windsor and Richmond and up the Hawkesbury Rd this morning and back down the Gt Western Hwy , 110ks round trip :) . It was bloody hot on the way back :( , slipstreamed a truck on the way back down into Penrith and hit 93.9kl/h , yeehahh top fun :D

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie ... uAOH6uW3DQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
norbs

Post by norbs »

mrleisure wrote:I rode up to Springwood via Windsor and Richmond and up the Hawkesbury Rd this morning and back down the Gt Western Hwy , 110ks round trip :) . It was bloody hot on the way back :( , slipstreamed a truck on the way back down into Penrith and hit 93.9kl/h , yeehahh top fun :D

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie ... uAOH6uW3DQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was that Lapstone hill? I managed to see 96kph on my old Cateye speedo on the old bike before I had the tiniest wobble and just about shat my knicks. I grabbed a hand full of brake and did the rest of the hill at a leisurely 70kph.

Where do you line mate? I used to live at South penrith.
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

I live in Seven Hills . 96 :yikes: . Yep Lapstone Hill .
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

DarrenM wrote:Might send the pics to the store and see what they think as well. Would save a 40 min drive.

Looks worse in the photo's. Probably because they're close up.

Looking at it more closely there is a gap in the pattern from the sidewall carcass which corresponds with one of the bumps, so I think I'll be looking for a replacement.
I've seen that kind of thing before on a tyre of mine. manged to run over a large rock at speed which broke the casing, but didn't split the rubber. Not sure if you have managed to do that (don't think you said if you rode on those tyres or not). Could just as easily be a defect, so worth taking back to the store :)

Cheers,
CLP
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Logged about 110k's today on 2 very different rides on the same road.
After doing our traditional 6amers Beach Rd TTT I thought I would take the reverse route home to take advantage of the cool change after a 40'C day in Melb. But I really under estimated the wind causing the change as I was lucky to even push 25-26km/hr into it but I was thankful for the cool fresh air.

http://twitpic.com/3vdjcr/full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Had some fucker run me off the road this morning, I felt his wing mirror brush my elbow, and off I sailed into a huge pothole.

This is going to cost. :(
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

fark Norbs, lucky you didn't go down or worse under the car. But yeah that's a new rim for sure, nothing you can do to fix it unfortunately.
Did you get his rego number?
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:fark Norbs, lucky you didn't go down or worse under the car. But yeah that's a new rim for sure, nothing you can do to fix it unfortunately.
No mate, was to busy trying to stay upright. Didn't get the best nights sleep, so probably wasn't at my best. I should have been able to stay on the road, I just got a hell of a shock seeing a bonnet a few inches away and then the flick of the mirror.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Had some fucker run me off the road this morning, I felt his wing mirror brush my elbow, and off I sailed into a huge pothole.

This is going to cost. :(
That'll buff right out

glad you're ok.. too many dickheads on the roads :nod:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:fark Norbs, lucky you didn't go down or worse under the car. But yeah that's a new rim for sure, nothing you can do to fix it unfortunately.
No mate, was to busy trying to stay upright. Didn't get the best nights sleep, so probably wasn't at my best. I should have been able to stay on the road, I just got a hell of a shock seeing a bonnet a few inches away and then the flick of the mirror.
Yeah I know what you mean, I got slapped last year and by the time I realised it was from a guy hanging out of the car that just passed me (doing 80km/hr) I couldn't make out anything of the rego. Karma is a wonderful thing and maybe he is a regular driver on that road and you'll pick his vehicle out next time he goes by...???
Dukester

mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

Shit ! thats no good norbs :yikes: , good to hear that your ok though :yes: Tools in cars , they're everywhere :finger:

Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Shit norbs. Glad your ok and nothing worse happened. Some people are just fucks. Just think of what this guy would do if a truck came over on him in his car.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I don't like riding on roads. I've only ridden down Seven Hills road twice to get to the M7 cycle way and I've already had someone drive by about 20cm away from me. I'll be taking a different route to avoid that section next time.

For back street roundabouts I move out into the middle of the lane to go through them. Probably not the safest thing to do, but it stops people trying to squeeze through.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

DarrenM wrote: For back street roundabouts I move out into the middle of the lane to go through them. Probably not the safest thing to do, but it stops people trying to squeeze through.
that's exactly what you *should* be doing, for exactly the reason you give. and not just at round abouts.
research has been done that shows that motorists will give you about the same amount of clearance on your right, that you give yourself on the left.

i tend to ride about 1/2 to 1 metre from the edge of the bitumin.
Doing this:
a) encourages drivers to do what they are supposed to do.. move to the next lane when overtaking, and at the least give me sufficient room.
b) decreases the likelihood of drivers pulling out in front of you from sidestreets because you are exactly where they are looking for motor vehicles.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Flinty72 wrote:Good to hear your heading in the right direction Neil, CFS is a shocking illness my wife was on the tail end of it when I first met her so I know how much you have to pace yourself back to normal life. Hopefully the cycling will assist in this and before you know it you'll be pounding out the km's with CFS a distant memory of the past. Good Luck.
Cheers flinty, Its been a horrible year. I been struggling this week, walking to and from the train to tafe has killed me a bit so i havent been able to get on the bike. Im gonna try jump on tomorrow when im more rested but im definatly not going to push it.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

you need to push it Neil... it's not a pull bike....

oh gosh I crack myself up..lol... in all seriousness, don't overdo it...
norbs

Post by norbs »

Whhooohoooo.....

CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:Whhooohoooo.....

see?, I told ya It'd buff right out ;)