City to bay (Adelaide)

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
GT VIRUS
Karen

City to bay (Adelaide)

Post by GT VIRUS »

I've decided to enter the city to bay this year, to give myself a target for my fitness. Its 10 weeks out, so still some time to get myself up to speed. Anyone got any tips? Just been hitting the gym for as long as i can sustain so far.

Anyone else going to be running?
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Re: City to bay (Adelaide)

Post by Sambo »

If it doesn't conflict with my calander I will be running. I enjoy running and do quite a lot of it, the best thing you could do to aid your training is get a heart rate monitor. Use it to guage your fitness levels by analysing your recovery rates. Gizmo would be a perfect person to talk to, he is a champion runner and former Personal Trainer.

Just don't go out of gates trying to run the full 12km, in fact you will find on their website that you never do more than 75% of the distance according their training regieme. Just remember to train smarter, not harder - especially with them small time you have until the event!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I've been thinking about doing this, I'm about to start a training program to get whipped in to shape to compete in a couple of big MTB events over summer. I might use this as part of that training. I can't say i've ever been that in to running though. But, running is part of my new program so I may grow to like it. I'll let you know closer to the date. I might give it a go.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Looks like a cool run GT. I've got myself doing the Bay Run here in Sydney in a couple of weeks which is 7km's, then the Blackmore's Sydney running festival in September which is 9km's over the harbour bridge.

Then I'll do my first 10km in October and move on to a half marathon training program after that with a view to doing a half toward the end of summer.

Slowly but surely :)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Vilante wrote:Looks like a cool run GT. I've got myself doing the Bay Run here in Sydney in a couple of weeks which is 7km's, then the Blackmore's Sydney running festival in September which is 9km's over the harbour bridge.

Then I'll do my first 10km in October and move on to a half marathon training program after that with a view to doing a half toward the end of summer.

Slowly but surely :)

Slowly but surely is how to do it.

I'm using this just as something to aim for in my training. I don't expect to run the whole 12 k's but i'll get through what I can.

The SAMROA marshall's also control the start crowds, so i'll be helping them before setting off. Not sure if that'll be good or not, but we'll see.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

So long as my foot is ok, I'll be running it.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.