iPhone (and other Smartphone) repair advice

All the talk regarding mobile phones, mobile internet access etc etc.
plastik8

iPhone (and other Smartphone) repair advice

Post by plastik8 »

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Adelaide that is reputable for phone repairs? My GF's iPhone 3GS has died - it finally died after about 3 months of terrible battery life and random "this accessory is not supported" / "charging not supported" pop ups resulting from water damage.

I have taken a mate's iPhone 3GS with smashed screen to Axiom (http://www.axiomcommunications.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on Grenfell St. before and they were quite good. I went back to them the other week and they do not have a free quote service with minimum cost $40. I'm wondering if there is anywhere else in Adelaide that can offer a reliable but cheaper quote? I'm worried that the phone is a gonner hence would like to avoid wasting $40 if possible.

cheers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Bauer

Re: iPhone (and other Smartphone) repair advice

Post by Bauer »

tho not in SA, most places would be similar I imagine

my 3GS that went through the washing machine was a $49 quote. That fee is waived if the quote was accepted. Full price to fix my phone (which was replaced) was $280. A lady at work also had a phone in for repairs, $280 for water damage repairs. So it didnt cost $280 + the $49. Just the $280

Mine was covered by insurance so cost me an excess but it seems normal to charge to quote.
--------------
Stu