Re: 1.8 pre-release released

Post by NeilPearson »

if the beds work properly now, its to the last place you slept in a bed
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

A good way to to stop the XP orbs from killing the game would be to die by lava now and then.

If you live for a long time and have accumulated lots of XP, killing yourself in lava will burn up all the orbs... best to empty ones inventory first and perhaps rest near the chest to save a long walk back to your stuff!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM wrote:Noooooo, my saddle!

Just been generating worlds in my lunch break. This one would be good for anyone not wanting to walk forever looking for a town.

Only have to turn 180 degrees and you'll see one. There is a second one not too far away across a small desert. All major biomes close by as well.

Apparently strongholds can be/are underground. Didn't want to make them easy to find, did they :)
Ok, server is up using your seed Darren. :) There is indeed a town next to spawn.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is the small area I explored of it

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ritual suicides are the in thing, die in lava which nukes your XP, it is the only way round the issue, hopefully this will hold us until the proper 1.8 is released.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Seen this?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known ... ersion_1.8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The thread where they were being posted was pretty mental. I posted a bug and by the time I checked the preview etc it was about 5 pages longer. Lots of retarded shit getting posted as well though. No way I would have volunteered to sort through it all.

It wouldn't surprise me if 1.8 were delayed if the version that got leaked is recent.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

NeilPearson wrote:Seen this?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known ... ersion_1.8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah I have, huge amount of bugs isn't there. :nod:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Looks like we'll be getting another pre-release tomorrow

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With a list of these bugs fixed.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/219- ... ixes-more/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And we might not be able to blame notch for future screw ups. :D

Lochie0911

Post by Lochie0911 »

SHoNKY wrote:Looks like we'll be getting another pre-release tomorrow

Yay for updates :D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

And we did :)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/611 ... try8076442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Among other things:
  • Mineshaft generation halved
  • Three strongholds now spawn per map instead of one
Worth restarting for those or would it be too annoying to keep restarting every couple days? Might be better to try to stick with the current one until 1.9 to let people get back into it a bit more.
Bauer

1.8 pre-release released

Post by Bauer »

hey Haze - that link above contains a youtube of how to install on a mac if you were looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--------------
Stu
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Thanks SLT3rd
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Give me a chance to research whether this is the same version we installed last night, or another Pre2 with the same name, Raz and I put it on the server after everyone had left and it's a memory leaking son of a bitch, both our clients crashed with out of memory errors in 20 minutes.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is an official v2 for client and server. Not one that's been haxed to disable experience.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ok, I just grabbed the client and server again, did an md5 checksum on each and the files are the same as released last night so I won't be installing this version on the server, I think it's best to stick with 1.8_pre1 for the time being. :(

If you want to play offline be sure to backup your pre1 minecraft.jar file so you can return to it if you wish to play online again. :yes:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM wrote:This is an official v2 for client and server. Not one that's been haxed to disable experience.
The one Raz and I tested was grabbed from jeb's twitter feed which is the same as seen on minecraft.net now. :yes:

Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

So the patch to fix new bugs causes more bugs and problems... what a surprise! :p
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Oh :(

Is it worth giving it a try with a new map as a quick test or not worth the hassle?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I think the out of memory error is a rendering issue on the client side, from what I've been reading the ability to change fog distance was put back in, this may be the cause but I'm only speculating.

I'll just add, if you guys want to try pre2 locally, go for it and see how you fare and let us know about it, but from Raz and my own experience last night we knew within 5 minutes on multiplayer at least all was not well, and within 20 minutes we both crashed out with out of memory errors, and when we reconnected to the server it was glitchy and would require a restart as well, when it's like this it's just not workable.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

These blokes are making the LFS devs look like champions. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

:D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Have to log in to see whatever that is.

Been playing with a local server to see how it goes. No issues so far, but something I do like, shift+click on the crafting table now does the whole stack rather than having to click 64 times.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Just letting folks know the server is down at the moment, I tried playing with 1.8pre2 again and now I've killed the server in some way and can't get any version of the mc server to run, waiting to hear back from tech support next.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

SHoNKY wrote:Just letting folks know the server is down at the moment, I tried playing with 1.8pre2 again and now I've killed the server in some way and can't get any version of the mc server to run, waiting to hear back from tech support next.
Ahh this takes me back... ;)