Shinned myself the other day [pics]

CyclARSEts talk in here.
h00ligan

Shinned myself the other day [pics]

Post by h00ligan »

So just minutes before this happened I was talking to my mate about how I haven't had a stack in a long time... then I bunny hopped it over a drain and my shin came down on my new pedals. I guess it was only a matter of time, all the reviews of the DMR V8's on CRC say "wear shin guards or it will hurt" etc..

Image Image Image Image
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Shinned myself the other day [pics]

Post by wobblysauce »

:shake:
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Owie!

I have been debating whether or not to go back to platforms....Ill stick with the clip-in pedals
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I had the V8's on my Downhill bike for a little while, I didn't much like them as I found they didn't bite as much as I liked, I run Wellgo's now and am pretty happy with them. Although the last 2 times out downhilling I have ran my clips.

I haven't had a decent shin wack in a while though (touchwood), although my shins are riddled in scars from my younger years on the BMX. But that is an almighty gash right there. Be proud of that sucker.
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

Enforcer-J wrote:.Ill stick with the clip-in pedals
I was thinking that I might get clip-in's but decided to go for shin/knee guards instead, only because I do more offroad and not sure i'm comfortable about being totally clipped in riding at really slow speeds uphill
Image Image Image Image
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

See if you can borrow some to try them out from someone, I felt the same as you and It took ages before people convinced me to give it a try, and oh man, what a difference. Your climbing will become a lot more efficient, well, all of your pedalling will really. And if you are going to fall it's amazing how easily the clips just magically unclip in time to save yourself anyway, a quick roll or twist of the foot is all it takes to come free.

Oh and unless you didn't know, Myself and En-J are Off Road riders as well.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I miss sticking my foot out around berms on the trails and doing wheelies and stuff around the neighbourhood but there is no way i'd make it down some of the trails I ride using playforms as i struggle to stay connected to the bike in the air... or more importantly, when landing!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

If you can't get your foot out easy enough to plant your foot on a tight berm then you have your cleats too tight. I'm forever getting a foot out
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

maybe I shouldn't have rushed out to buy the armour :P Can you recommend any good shoes ?
Image Image Image Image
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I run these:- Shimano SH-AM45

Still quite good for walking in as well although I wished the Cleats could be recessed in about another 2-3mm. I find them very Stiff in the soles which gives an awesome bout of confidence when coming from Platforms. I got mine for about $75 from Chain Reaction, Never seen them under $100 in shops.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I think I will get some of those myself soon. Do you need to match the shoe to the pedal? or is it universal?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Well kind of, those will suit spd cleats, u still need to buy the cleats separately.
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

Hz-Lab wrote:I run these:- Shimano SH-AM45.
thanks mate :)
Image Image Image Image