GoPro where to buy?

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
pab

GoPro where to buy?

Post by pab »

Hi Gents,

A mate of mine is after a GoPro for his racecar and has asked me where he should get it from. I guess we'd be after the motorsport kit so that we get a good range of mounting options. Those of you who have one or have looked into it, do you have any place in particular we should be looking at to grab it from where we'll get a good deal?

Ta.

PB.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: GoPro where to buy?

Post by norbs »

$345 for the motoraports kit... http://staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search. ... rts&spos=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That seems like a good price. A bloke at OCAU I have been chatting to got his, the same kit, about 6 weeks ago and paid $379 direct from the US when the dollar was near 109c.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

He got ripped, I picked mine up from Digital Camera warehouse in Jan for $350
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

nutty wrote:He got ripped, I picked mine up from Digital Camera warehouse in Jan for $350

I just asked him. He got some extra mount for the pushy, anti fog inserts and 2 new housing lens kits. I didn't know that until now. Nice of him as I was after some anti fog inserts the bastard.

Just trying to find out what mine cost me.

Edit : $305 for the naked camera +32G card in Sept last year. So they have come down a bit.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I bought mine direct from the US too. It only took a couple of days to get here and I got a shit tone of mounts for it.

I want to get one of the new LCDs for the back of mine. Has anyone had a play with one of those yet?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Have you bought this yet Pab?

due to me doing this...

I might be able to get a deal or 2. I'm trying to get a couple for my boss at the moment for his Hill Climb beast.

Oh and Righty, the LCD screens are definitely worth the money. Maybe not for the average punter but for anyone that is using the Camera for footage to be produced later it is a godsend to make sure you got the shot. And they are dirt cheap really.
pab

Post by pab »

Yeah mate, he ordered one last week (we're doing a drive day on Sunday if the weather holds up so we wanted it by then). Thanks for the offer though, if we need any serious accessories we'll let you know. I'd love to get two and do the 3d thing.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I'm thinking about getting one, but it seems like there are some better alternatives out there at the moment. Would depend on the deal I guess
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I wouldn't say there are better alternatives really. Contour is really the only competitor to GoPro in the same price bracket and I'll give you the hot tip, if you love distorted wind noise, then buy a contour. The ContourGPS that is out is a pretty cool idea though, but is quite buggy apparently and doesn't track too well.

The GoPro offers the best camera angle. Very wide whilst still looking normal, Contour looks a tad Fisheye for my liking. Also the Contour does not respond to low lighting as quick as the GoPro does. The only thing I like better on a contour is it is a little bit easier to use, but for anyone remotely tech savvy it's not an issue.

If you are serious about getting one, let me know which kit you'd like and I can get a price for you. What are you looking at using it for Nutty? if you like, you could have a lend of one of mine to see if it's something you would like or wether or not you get over it quickly.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Yeah after a bit more research last night, It does seem the Go-pro is the best around ATM. Pity as I would like something with a little less FOV, and a bit more battery life. Still, I only want it to play around with, and for future use on a go-kart (although I really should stop spending money on things like this if i'm every going to get that kart :D)