Engineer debunks theory of flight

ARSE Aviators Airways.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Engineer debunks theory of flight

Post by smithcorp »

Some texts to be rewritten? (nice new forum by the way!):

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-new ... 1qjrc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The true explanation is nothing to do with the distance the air has to travel. The curvature of the wing causes the change in air pressure because it pulls some of the air upwards, which reduces pressure, and forces the rest beneath it, creating higher pressure.
Professor Babinsky explains that, although lift is caused by a pressure change between the top and bottom surfaces, it's due to the change in the shape of the air flow, rather than its speed. ''This is why a flat surface like a sail is able to cause lift,'' he says. ''In this case, the distance on each side is the same but it is slightly curved when it's rigged, acting like an aerofoil.''
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Engineer debunks theory of flight

Post by w00dsy »

depends if it's on a conveyor belt.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

If they haven't been flying all this time what have they been doing.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

wobblysauce wrote:If they haven't been flying all this time what have they been doing.
suspending...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....