General game chat
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

GT5 coming in 2007

Post by nutty »

From
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60641
The next home console iteration of the Gran Turismo series is currently scheduled to arrive in 2007 and will be "100 times more detailed" than GT4, according to Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi.

Yamauchi - considered to be the man behind the Gran Turismo franchise, which has sold around 44 million units in total - was speaking in an interview with Croatian car magazine Auto Klub.

While most of the interview related to the older games in the series, Yamauchi commented that he "hopes that GT5 will be finished during 2007", and that the next game will be "100 times more detailed than GT4" - although he didn't say whether this relates merely to graphics or also to other elements of the game, such as physics or vehicle tuning.

The game is likely to be promoted as an early "killer app" for the PlayStation 3, and it's no surprise to see the team trying to return to a two year product cycle after the extremely long delays suffered by Gran Turismo 4.

The next GT game to arrive, of course, will be Gran Turismo 4 on the PlayStation Portable, and it's known that Polyphony Digital was considering creating an online version of GT4 for the PS2 at some point in the future - although whether this plan is still on the table remains to be seen.

Sony has indicated that several PS3 titles may be shown off in some form at TGS this September - and while 2007 is a long way off, it's not unlikely that a concept trailer of GT5 could be on the cards.

They say 2007, but GT4 was delayed soo many times that who knows.
GT1-4 have taken soo much of my life I cant wait until this one comes out.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Yep GT4 is the reason I own a PS2.......best racer on any console. :yes:

Sadly now collecting dust........... but filled in the time while waiting for LFS S2.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

GT3 was the reason I owned a ps2. WOW. gt4 is the reason I got into LFS. I have a signed copy of gt4 now collecting dust :)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I still play gt3 heaps,
Best game for drifting, Finally good enough to link up full laps of midfield/trial mountain =)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Yer i reacon GT4 was good, would be nice if the cars/tracks could be converted to rfactor as they are nicely detailed :) kinda makes you wish they did have good physics
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

GT VIRUS wrote:Yer i reacon GT4 was good, would be nice if the cars/tracks could be converted to rfactor as they are nicely detailed :) kinda makes you wish they did have good physics
They'd look bloody horrible on a PC. They are lowish poly models and very low res textures. It's the game's amazing lighting engine that saves it.