New track for rfactor

ISI's new sim rFactor
GT VIRUS
Karen

New track for rfactor

Post by GT VIRUS »

well its taken a while, 2 quick tracks then a sizable break. ITs only a conversion but i think its looking good, although others have different opinions. Anyway you can find the thread (with texture updates in it) here and the file here.
Last edited by GT VIRUS on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm not a big fan of these conversions... we'll see how it all pans out.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

If ever you doubted there was fuckwits in the sim world that RSC thread will prove it. FREE tracks and people are complaining. God the sim crowd shits me at times the ungrateful c**t*.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Is there a mirror site for this track???
I have NEVER been to m4driving as it has always, without fail, timed out on me. :( :no:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

yeah m4driving can be a bugger of a place to get files from. You usually have to navigate a few italian pages and then the server is usually slow anyway. good if you want to learn italian though :)
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

w00dsy wrote:yeah m4driving can be a bugger of a place to get files from. You usually have to navigate a few italian pages and then the server is usually slow anyway. good if you want to learn italian though :)
Know any Italia sites??
I'll give it a go. :rolleyes:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

That site is timing out on me.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:If ever you doubted there was fuckwits in the sim world that RSC thread will prove it. FREE tracks and people are complaining. God the sim crowd shits me at times the ungrateful c**t*.
Its times like this I wish I could just go crazy and use my RSC uber-powers for good and ban the fuck out of the ungrateful fuckers. :)
Last edited by norbs on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:
w00dsy wrote:If ever you doubted there was fuckwits in the sim world that RSC thread will prove it. FREE tracks and people are complaining. God the sim crowd shits me at times the ungrateful c**t*.
Its times like this I wish I could just go crazy and use my uber-powers for good. :)
At RSC? Or are you wanting to ban me?
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

i support the ban woodsy vote :lol:

You are quite right though, these guys do alot of good work for not much credit. There was a thead at RSC even talking about paying for add-on tracks :(
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

While i don't like Dave Noonan for charging for his GPL convertor, if he's doing simple tracks for free then i don't see why people complain to the extent they are. It's comments like these that piss me off.
Thankyou Dave Noonan for ruining Rfactor's future. For now we shall see mediocre conversions at best being loaded into Rfactor by the bunches, not working correctly, looking horrible and noone is going to have any idea before long who the original authors of 90% of these tracks were. Just friggin brilliant.

Thankfully there is still that base clause of don't download it and it won't clutter your game, I just hope this doesn't kill online play in Rfactor or cause mass confusion across the boards.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

this as well...
i absolutley dispise the thought of these low quality converted tracks on Rfactor, i wouldnt normally entertain the thought of having it on my harddrive, but at a time when there is so little tracks i'm prepared to put up with it until there are more better quality tracks to race on, i just hope this dosnt become common place.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

its very sad indeed. I think im going to fire up 3ds max, start learning and make a track, then charge $5 for it unless ur from arse.

*EDIT* alternate http://www.realracin.net/rfactor.htm
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Sorry to say, but I agree with the sentiment about the quality. The track looks terrible by current standards. It's not the converting that's the problem, Dave's tool could help us get some great tracks quicker. It's just the potential for releasing half arsed conversions that concern me.

Just because it's free doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to say it looks shit when it does. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate their efforts as a start though. ;)
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Bacchulum wrote:Is there a mirror site for this track???
I have NEVER been to m4driving as it has always, without fail, timed out on me. :( :no:
http://www.realracin.net/rfactor.htm
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

GT VIRUS wrote:*EDIT* alternate http://www.realracin.net/rfactor.htm
lol i already posted it :P
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

w00dsy wrote: God the sim crowd shits me at times the ungrateful c**t*.
:aussie:
--------------
Stu
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Um the track is a BETA! I have been driving it today in the F1 cars in Rfactor and the track is fine. Sure it needs work on the graphics side but it is still a beta. I enjoyed driving it alot. However I've never driven an F1 car at Imola so I cant say if it's correct or not. Infact there are only 25 blokes qualified in this world who can say if it is correct and they kind of drive F1 cars for a living. I say 25 as there are 25 drivers on Friday practice.
Minister for Religious Genocide.