Bike fit - done the right way

CyclARSEts talk in here.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Bike fit - done the right way

Post by norbs »

Interesting. I have heard good things about Steve Hogg, but at $600, a bit out of my price range.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

+1000000 for the "worth it" bit.

can't really comment on the specifics of where you went of course, but i know that both Miss V and myself came away from our bike fits (@ BMCR) feeling a lot better on the bike, plus armed with a bit more info about what we are doing right, and probably more importantly, what we were doing wrong and how to correct it.

Makes a world of difference, that's for sure!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

avro707c wrote: I can go back for further tweaks/follow ups at no cost, which is really nice.
That's an awesome value-add for a bike fit. Don't think i could do that,.. at least, it wasn't specifically mentioned. Pete at BMCR is pretty cool, so i suspect he'd probably help out if things weren't quite right.. that's the kind of shop they are, and why people go back :)
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Athlete Lab seems pretty good. We had a relationship with them through our firm's sponsorship of the Financial Review cycle challenge and they offered us a month's free membership and discounted rates. Our team members trained there a few times and they supplied Giant carbon bikes (with electric shifters) for folk to ride at the Sydney challenge. Friendly, helpful folk.

I might go and see them about my fit with my wonky arm, based on Avro's report.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Hmmm - might give this a go.. Did you just call them to book a session?
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

$600 to have some prat shoot lasers at you! Little Miss would kill you!

I got mine done for Bonnie at TBSM and though the bloke was worried about my back it seemed to go well, those powered resistance roller thingies are pretty sweet.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Jamo wrote:$600 to have some prat shoot lasers at you! Little Miss would kill you!
yeah.. but they're special bike fitting lasers! :) if you explain it like that, no one could possibly get into trouble! :D